Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoeingFreak

Threatening Ariane Message

Be on the lookout for what I have been 'told about'..."If any attempt is made by you or other users to defame us on Avsim.com or publish the contents of any of our mails their service providers will also be informed of breaches of their agreements with their service providers."

Guest BoeingFreak

:( I thought it was a one-man-band anyway! Cuts costs, maxamises profits even if it gives a low customer support satisfaction!

I really don't know about their history. I ran across their website about six months ago and purchased one of their planes. I had some problems getting it working so I shelved it for a while. Since then I have read small clips and "tid-bits" here and there that hint that some folks are upset with them for one reason or another, but when I decided to find out why my purchase wouldn't work and contacted them, my personal experience was that their support and representatives were very polite, friendly, professional and extremely helpful with me. They gave me one to one support that was much better than I have received from any other sim airline developer. (as much as I regret to say it..including the another very popular airliner that I love very much). They emailed me back and forth until they found the problems and got the product working the way it was designed to. I now have three of their 737s (soon will have four) and they all are quite amazing, may seem a little on the high side, but are fairly priced (but really I paid more for a certain MD-80 that I have which is also very good and well worth it), but they are worth the money when considering the "fun factor" in flying such a well made and unique version of a Boeing sim. (They also load you up with manuals, which I always like too).Whatever their history is, I believe everyone has growing pains (don't I know that!)or maybe might just have a different perspective on things, but when they produce a good product I believe they deserve every chance at remaking themselves.I probably have about every sim airline and GA sim worth having (unfortunately that's one of my weaknesses), and Ariane's product stands right up there with the best, but what I have discovered and like most about it is that there is no other sim airline that works so well with TrackIR to make you feel like you are on the flight deck working the panels. I like functionality as much as any airline sim enthusiast, but I suppose I also have a bit of a sweet tooth for eye candy.Really, I believe Ariane has done in FS9 what MSFS tried to do in FSX but didn't match up to their standard! (and I love FSX too, but that is just an observation).

Guest Eek

You're replying to 4 1/2 year old posts. Many of the OPs aren't even here, anymore. Lot's of people have had bad experiences with Arianne, including myself. As far as I know, things at Arianne haven't changed much, judging my more recent posts I have seen.If you had a good experience with them, then you were lucky, apparently. I wish I had done a little more searching on them before I threw money away on one of their products.I don't have an agenda against them. It was my fault for not doing a search on them first. There was plenty of info here at Avsim, if I had merely done a little homework. I wish they would live up to their potential, actually. Buyer beware, is all I'm saying. Do a search for Arianne on the forums and make your own judgements.EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz2GB Corsair PC-3200 512x4 Dual Channel CL2.5 DDR DIMM eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3Sound Blaster Audigy LSOCZ Powerstream 420WWinXPPro (SP1)

He's also posted four or five more messages here (including one today) that I have not allowed, for the obvious reason. Re-stating your support of any vendor, five, six, eight times, sets the alarms off and wastes our space and bandwidth.

Guest DFS

Yawn! Tishma has re-launched his website and is now trying to do a bit of image re-branding. Won't be long before the threatening letters and e-mails start arriving full of cod-legal nonsense. The bottom line is that Ariane is Tishma's latest incarnation, albeit fronted by his mate Nev. Useless customer service, an old product and a high price. Still, you have to admire his persistence.

Believe me folks, I'm not stuck on just one sim airline. I love my Level D 767 (nothing compares to it) and my Wilco PIC 737 (it is as real as anything I have seen). I have PMDG's 747 and 737 but haven't spent a lot of time with them. I hope to sometime in the future because they look real good, especially PMDGs flagship 747. I'm really looking forward to their new FSX model with the AoA combo.I've hardly even had a chance to sit in my DreamFleet Boeing 727, but I will be soon. It really looks like a nice sim.I have all of Phoenix Simulation's planes except one and they are all great.I also believe I have all of CLS's planes although I haven't spent a lot of time with them. I need to check them out more, but they're there when I want to.My Majestic's Dash 8 is a very impressive looking turboprop that I have spent some time with and would like to spend more. I also love my Flight 1 ATR 72-500. Another real good looking turboprop. Just writing about them makes me want to go crank them up.I love to fly my new Citation X from Wilco. That is a nice flying plane with good realism in the cockpit. I don't care much for their 777, but they sure made up for it with this Citation X. (I am also eagerly waiting for Eaglsoft's Citation X, that ought to be real good too).I am very anxious for Airliner XP and Airsimmers to put out their new Airbus A320s. Wilco's are ok, but I believe these look like they will really raise the bar on Airbus simulation to a level that has never been seen before. Airsimmers sure look like they know what they are doing and RealityXP along with DreamFleet will be an absolutely an unbeatable combination that are very well proven allready.My MD80s look great too, both of them (Super and MDMax). I had to use MD Max support and they were very helpful and attentive in solving my problems and getting the sim working. I appreciate them very much. But again, I have not been able to spend enough time with my MadDogs to really learn them well (but I will be soon, you can bet on it). There is just not enough time in the day.This is not to mention all of the GA sims that I have: Flight 1, DreamFleet, Real Air, Eaglesoft, Aerosoft, etc. and also my new Seahawk/Jayhawk from Aerosoft (that is very neat).The point that I am making is that flight simming is my passion. If I could do it 24 hours a day I probably would. I don't want to see any of my very precious sim developers picked out to put in harms way. What I try to do to help one, I would do for any one of them. They are exquisite artists in my eyes and I love them all.Last, but not lease, I want to say that I also enjoy AVsim too. I believe this gigantic website does a wonderful service for the flight sim community offering libraries with tons of freeware, links to new pay-ware and great reviews on existing pay-ware, hardware and freeware. I would not want to think of doing without this wonderful service and I will support it also, in any way that I can.This is my hobby and my passion. All that I want is peace between the entities involved so that all of them can continue to grow and improve their products, so that I can continue to purchase even more accurate models of these great airliners, GAs, choppers, utilities, airports and scenery....God, I love this hobby.