Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

SF. 260 or the Cardial... Which one should I buy?????

I have 25-30 bucks to spend (Thanks to my wife!!!!!!!!!!!) :) :)I have heard so many great things about both aircraft I reached an impass!!I love Dreamfleet and thier past work. I have the 737. But I also love what I have heard about the RealAir SF. 260........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Which one should I get?Thanks to all who respond!!!Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

If you really have to choose and can't get both (!) than it's the SF260.Why? Because it has absolutely stunning and unique flight characteristics. Because it is beutifully and faithfully modeled. It has a superb VC and some unique VC features. But also becasue it is a totally different aircraft than a (any) Cessna.With the Cardinal you get a beautiful aircraft with also a superb VC and 2D cockpit that handles great and looks magnificent...but....... it is yet another Cessna and I would guess you already have a few of those ;-)Just the 2 cents of a happy owner of both aircraft :-jumpy :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Good point Francois :)I do have quite a few Cessnas in the hanger. I think that was one of the reasons the SF.260 grabbed my attention. It is, well, different :)Thanks for the post Francois!Anybody else out there have any opinions?Shane

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Iain Spowart

Shane,I love the Dreamfleet Archer and was planning on buying the Cardinal. But then the SF.260 came out and made my mind up for me!I'll still buy the Cardinal later but as Francois says it is just another Cessna (although probably the best yet) whereas the SF is something unique.I reckon the Dreamfleet 2D panel will be more advanced with it's stunning gauges and GPS but the SF looks and flies better than anything I have ever seen in FS.Final word: buy both! But get the SF first!Iain Spowart,Scotland.Webmaster and photographer,Scottish Claymores 2002Cheerleaders Fan Sitehttp://avsim.iainspowart.com/2002-s.jpghttp://www.claymorescheerleaders.comhttp://www.iainspowart.com

Get the SF; it's a class apart.I think the genius of this aircraft must lie in the flight model. It actually feels like you're controlling a moving object which is subject to the laws of space and time. It gives a convincing impression of mass, inertia and movement. It's hard to explain.... but try it and you'll see what I mean. :-)

I can guarantee you won't be disapointed with either aircraft and I do recommend getting both without any hesitation. The SF however does slightly edge out the Cardinal for that feeling of actually flying though IMO. It's very hard to describe - both are extremely good but something just feels slightly different with the SF and it's something that I've never "felt" in another FS aircraft.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Tim W

My vote goes for the SF260 without a doubt. One of the top FS aircraft I've ever come across. Plus the only one that will spin properly in FS.I have both the Cardinal and the SF260 in my hanger, and whilst the Cardinal is an exceptional piece of work, My choice goes the the 175 knot cruising SF260, a masterpeice in my opinion!Just wish there was a re-paint in UK reg scheme available!Happy flying whichever one you decide on!regardsTim

>I can guarantee you won't be disapointed with either >aircraft and I do recommend getting both without any >hesitation. The SF however does slightly edge out the >Cardinal for that feeling of actually flying though IMO. >It's very hard to describe - both are extremely good but >something just feels slightly different with the SF and it's >something that I've never "felt" in another FS aircraft.Since I have been able to fly a real Marchetti SF260 and a number of high wing Cessna's (but not an actual Cardinal), I would say that both of these products do well in implying the "feeling" of flight within the limitations of a PC. However, as previously described, the RealAir SF260 does go beyond the normal flight envelope into the area of spins, exceptional slip control, etc. And for many............ it's just probably more fun to fly!!!! I like more horsepower, sliding canopy's for a better view, and ability to perform aerobatics! The SF260 is also plenty stable for enjoyable long cross country flight too!I do have the Dreamfleet Archer, Cardinal, and RealAir SF260. I'm not disappointed with any of them, and it just depends on the flying mood..L.Adamson

I would definetly get the SF.Great Aircraft, the best I have.

Everyone is most kind.....but I would not want enthusiasts for the SF260 to make this an us/them situation. The Cardinal is a rather different aircraft, and though I don't personally have it, I know the quality and standard of Dreamfleets work is very high.So please, buy both!! Rob Young

Don't worry Rob, I don't want this to turn into a flame war about "who is better".I just wanted some opinions from fellow simmers :)Shane

Ark

Shane, these are currently my two favorite aircraft.. how choose?I think Francois hit the nail on the head.. the SF260 is something really different and lots of fun to fly. The Cardinal is the best Cessna I've got, but the previous Dreamfleet Cessna's were pretty good too.. so not as special..My suggestion, in sequence:1. SF2602. Archer3. CardinalIf you can afford it, get all three!

Bert

Of course Shane. I understand entirely. Just wanted to keep cordial relations with our developer colleagues!Best Regards,Rob

I don't think there is a danger here Rob... we all like the Cardinal as well.... and I think Lou knows that. Don't apologize for making a great product though ! ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog