Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

New excellent freeware !!!!!!

>"with all the time wasted here you could have been reading >the afcad docs, just a thought" >>Hmm... >Maybe you didn't notice, but the subject of this thread has >nothing to do with the original AFCAD question anymore. Yeah, but the body of the post is all about it!>And although I think Staffan is over-reacting, and uses the >wrong example to state his frustration (see my previous >posts here) I think he DOES have a valid point: the attitude >of (at least some) visitors on this forum and some users of >freeware addons. >Which has been discussed here a few times in the past >months. >But according to Staffan's, everyone here does it!..>Now, you may think this type of discussions is a waste of >time, but obviously a number of excellent freeware designers >(like Staffan) have a different opinion. >And I do hope you realise that, without them, the flightsim >community wouldn't be what it is today.That still doesn't give them any reason to degrade us "pee-on users" >And if you don't, I suggest you refrain from giving these >type of responses and skip these threads instead of wasting >your and our time with posts that add absolutely nothing to >the discussion.I'm entitled to an opinion just like Staffan, and since it's MY time I will decide when it is wasted. You may want to take your own suggestion as far as your time is concerned, no one forces you to read or reply, to any posts here. >Which was just the point Staffan was trying to make .....That is your opinion.>Just my thought. No offense, but don't know why you even bothered. Didn't make much sensehttp://members.cox.net/pstepanoff/images/OK_c2.gifPete S

Staffan... I think its always best to consider that the impact of what you say can quite easily be different from the intent which originall drove it. To compound this is the fact that we are communicating via the written word only which 'breeds' an environment of misintention and misunderstanding. Here, our intent is devoid of any inflection either aural or visual. In other words, "say what you mean and mean what you say" when you are using e-mail!Yes, I'm a language teacher, sorry!John-PaulToronto

Guest georgi55

>Note to self: ignore Staffan. /me Copies the note.

You are quite right, Staffan :) I too have noticed a change :-roll There are some great people in this community, and the people in my VA are true friends - we advise and support each other, and there are never any arguments :) There are people in this community who grab what they can and don't say thankyou, or don't offer any help - these people are more common than they were in 1999 :(.If I had any idea about AFCAD I would have helped, but my PC is a PIII 450MHz (:().http://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav2207_banner.gif

I'm still waiting for someone to say where the "new Excellent Freeware" is! :-xxrotflmao

Hi Staffan,>What I asked for was a simple file which each and everyone of you have present in your FS2002 folder.

StaffanI think for the most part the FS community remains one of those taking wanting to give something back, even if only in a small way, if they can; but, indeed, there are those out there with the mental capacity and charisma of an Afghan camel driver's toenail who just want, want, want and moan when they can't can't can't. Ignore them. Trouble is, this thread started with AFCAD, which is about as clear to most of us as the skies over Los Angeles.But I've got an idea. NEW EXCELLENT FREEWARE!!!!! Yes .... Staffan Ahlberg's B747-200 panel update for FS2002! Let's all stop messing about in here and go polish our Boeings!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

sorry you feel this way stefanbut if i could help you with traffic tools i would..unfortunately....i can't get the program to work myself.so no point in me offering any help best wishes steve

Truly amazing!!!! Even though I didn't like the tone of Staffans post, he has a point! I know how much effort goes into designing, and for someone to put out the quality work that FFG does and NOT charge is beyond me. YOU paid for FS2002, look at the quality of the default 747 over the POSKY 747s, they should charge as well! with all the negativity and demands that designers are getting from the 'community" lately, it is a wonder we still have quality freeware. Every time I d/l a quality model, I think to myself, "Wow, and I got this for free! This by no means goes to everyone, I have posted plenty of times looking for help and didn't get it, but I have also gotten and gave help when I could, so I know that it is not everyone. I agree with Darren, it has gotten worse since I started simming 3 years ago as well.Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

Staffan...man, you sure shook things up here today! what we've all got to realize is that our community is made up of human beings. we all have different backgrounds, different feelings, different attitudes, etc.. its what makes us special. as humans, we generally tend to want, more than to give, i think its human nature. but i truly believe that there is some give in all of us....some more than others. i try to help when i can. i'm nowhere near as active here as some members, as i do most of my forum surfing while at work (shhhh!!). there's no way some of us have time to read every post, or check in regularly. to be honest with you, i never saw your original post... but unfortunately even if i had i wouldn't have been able to help you from work.i've posted here several times and received no answers...no prob. i'm sure you HAVE received help before. i still believe that most everyone here are good folks.keep your head up. you do good work.chris

huuh.... :( these days I'm only uploading.... and only have time to read during upload and paint paint paint....Hmmm... and flying etc...awfEHAM

André

Guest captbulldog

Excuse me, but where is this new excellent freeware everybody is talking about? And what is it? I thought it would be afcad but that's not new. :-hmmm

Something about my style of writing is needed here....:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lolPass..................................Have a day,Joe :-wavePS - Isn't humor a wonderful thing?Here are Picture Galleries of My Trip out west in 2002.Gallery #1 Pima Air & Space Museum + AMARC (Boneyard) at Davis Monthan AFB, Tucson, Arizona. (over 240 Pictures)http://www.pbase.com/sonar5/pimaamarc

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest KenG

Alright Staffan, I'll break the super-secret code of conduct and throw away the Avsim fraternity ring just long enough to fill you in on something that no one else wants to tell you. About 2 months ago at one of our orgies...er, I mean meetings...we decided to shun you. It was placed to a vote after a long and heated debate that saw many a fight break out. In the end, it was decided it was in the bestin interest of the Avsim community to just ignore you completely. I'm sorry, I cannot tell you the reason. If I did, I'd have to kill you. ;-)Because of this post, we all had an emergency meeting (which means a meeting that was put together so hastily that not enough money was gathered to buy name-brand beer--dang Black Label makes my head hurt). At that emergency meeting, it was decided we would address you in this, and only this, thread.Now don't you feel special? :-hah