Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

New excellent freeware !!!!!!

Staffan..you know how many questions I have asked and never got answered? lots of them but I did not feel mistreated in any way. I always try to help whenever I can and often like others have said, the posts just fall out of view quickly. Don't take it personally, ask again using a different title nad you would probably get helped. This forum is so active that posts go by unnoticed the whole time. Also, not everyone has AFCAD like me and those that have it might have missed your post. We are all here to help each other, there is no discrimination and everyone is equal.Another reason might be because there have been some bad experiences with people asking for files in the past and although you asked for a file that is freeware people might still stay away because of the...errr "Bad" people we had here a while back trying to sucker the people into sending them files that they were not supposed to send. See my point? I guess taht some people chose to stay away when they read that you want a file sent to you. The bottom line...don't take it presonally, ask again and be patient...a bump or 2 might also help :-)Take careMike

Guest HeavyFan

I don't belive some oeople in here!!!!!!!! Man this community is getting to be all like Kids!!! Because someone speaks thier mind and has an opinion everyone gets in a Big Tyrant and becomes very mean and Abusive!! I have 10 yr old cousins that act more mature than some people in here!!!!! And when everyone cries in here because another great Freeware guy for FS decides to leave and close his doors, everyone wonders WHY!!??? Because of Posts like we don't like you in here, etc......! Steffan has made some great classic panels to work in FS2002 for like 747's and DC-10's!! Now if you guy's in here that put him down for speaking his mind, Lets see how you do in making a Panel for FS!!!!!! If you keep this attitude to FS Freeware guy's, Don't complain when they leave because all the bad mouth's posts in here made him feel like he is not appreciated and feel like why is he doing this for people that Don't apprecite Freeware work!!! Now Common People we gotta treat these great Freeware guy's with Respect! But seems some in here Don't care and will complaion when they are gone!! And everything will be payware!!!!!!! OK I just had to post this, this is for everyone just to think about what they say to Freeware FS Designers, we need to treat them with respect!! Keep up the great work Steffan, i would have gave you the file if i seen your Post!!.

Guest eko

Anybody who knows me from posting in these forums knows that I have never ruffled anybody's feathers, nor is it my style or my desire to ever do so.Even when I see posts which I sometimes get mad about, I just decide to say "nothing at all" rather than take a negative tone.This post, however, is going to make me break this rule, as I feel that Staffan has unjustly made a statement which he has absolutely no authority to do.Staffan, for those that do not know, has made some of THE finest freeware panels for FS for a long time. I have used (and still use) many of his panels. It is top notch work.When FS2002 was released, I transferred Staffans FS2000 747-200 panel over because I use it in a number of 4 engine jets. There were some FS2002 compatibility issues, and it needed some tweaking and fixes.I, being somewhat versed in panel mods/design, decided to fix it up for use in FS2002, rather than e-mail Staffan asking him to update it for FS2002. If I can do something myself, I try to do it.It turned out quite good and now the panel was perfectly usable in FS2002. Figuring other simmers like myself would like to use this "updated" panel in FS2002, I e-mailed Staffan to ask for permission to release an update of his panel for FS2002. I communicated that the panel would be released with authorship attributed to Staffan (as I had only updated it), that it would clearly state this was Staffans panel only updated by me... in short... I had no intention of taking credit for Staffans wonderful work, I just wished to release a compatibility update for FS2002, since it did not seem Staffan had the time (or desire) to do so.Staffan e-mailed me back and flatly refused. His bitmaps are proprietary, he only allows downloads of his panels from his site. etc.Ok, no problem. I can understand that. I then e-mailed him back after the initial refusal and asked if he would like for me to just send him the updated panel, look it over to make sure it was to his liking, and asked if he could distribute it from his site, and even stated that he didn't have to mention me at all in the update. I was happy if the update could just be made available for the community.I have yet to get a response from my second e-mail. Staffan was clearly not interested in listening to me.Now, I personally feel this was not a terribly nice thing to do, and in the spirit of freeware and community that we like to hope for in our hobby. But I understand that not everybody thinks like I do, and have different reasons for doing different things.I did not come to the forums and complain loudly, or even mention this exchange with Staffan to anybody. I simply kept using the panel for myself, and that was that.I tell this little story now not because it's been something I've wanted to do... but because of the hypocritical statement that Staffan is making that we all like to "get" more than we like to "give".I decided to try and "give", rather than "get", and you can see how Staffan responded to my desire to give.If Staffan wants to come here and speak of "getting" and "giving" and how the community isn't what it used to be... he needs to take a very long hard look in the mirror himself.Over and out.

Hi,What you are talking about is a Copyright issue, and has nothing to do with this thread.The Copyright statements are clearly written on my homepage aswell as in the "Readme" file enclosed with all panels.There are a number of reasons why I couldn

Staffan

Staffan,Reviewing your original post, I see you got a response from someone in the TTools forum within the 12 hours it took you to follow up your own posting. I really don't see what the problem is here.I have many times posted a problem and not gotten a response within a couple of days. I bump the post and eventually someone comes around to help. I think you are being a bit harsh on the community in that you expected an immediate response to an off-topic question. It's no wonder you got more help in the TTools forum since your question was better suited for that forum.As for your argument that the current topic proves that people today want more than they give, that is total rubbish. I've been online long before your perceived community nirvana of FS4 and there is much more cooperation today than there was back then. If people today weren't helping each other and responding to posts, why would anyone continue to post messages? This forum and all the others on AVSIM would just wither away from lack of interest. A good example is the demise of the weather forum.Step back and look at the way you "baited the header" of this message. A well-known freeware developer is posting news of excellent freeware... with extra exclamations. Combine the reputation you have with the topic and it's no wonder people are reading the post. To chastise people for doing so compared to your original post is like tossing candy onto the ground in front of kids and then slapping their hands when they try to pick it up. Calling those kids selfish for going after the candy is just as ridiculous as calling the FS community selfish.Perhaps you don't see it the same way, but you are putting your fine reputation on the line by exploiting a very trivial situation, defending your righteous argument on an entrapment post, and then threatening the community to hold back on future projects. Oh my! The sooner this post dies off and goes away, the better it will be for you.Remember, the story didn't end very well for the boy that cried wolf!Regards,Bruce

I think we've all had our say... and things are being pulled in to the personal area.I am locking the thread so we can all get back to flight simming now... ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog