Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Cannot access the F10 key on FS2002! Anybody know about

Guest michaelm

Hi there guys, here's Michael from Italy. I happened to use the utility from Luciano Napolitano: key2mouse. As you know, it transform mouse entries in keyboard entries ideal for use with plane like PSS 747-400 or 737-400 Dreamfleet where a lot of buttons have to be used. Well, searching for keys to use I encounter on problem using the F10 key. I canceled all the 'F' keys assignments due to the fact that I use joystick and throttle. Every F key is now usable for a new personal assignment except for the F10 key. I don't use the on-screen kneeboard, so I canceled the F10 assignment fot it too, but still it look unusable. In particular, whne in the simulator and running (or better flying) the F10 looks to have a funcition because when I push this key the simulator pauses like the p keys. Only the p keys shows the simulator warning on the left lower corner of the screen, the F10 'pause' shows nothing. I checked several documents from Pete Dowson regarding the FS2002 key mapping but so far I cannot come up with something.Any advices?Regards, Michael p.s.: I have an updated computer and keyboard, so don't think it's a hardware problem

Michael,What happens if you assign another FS2K2 function to the F10 key ?Does that work ?On my sytem F10 works OK if I assign it to another function.Rob

Guest michaelm

Rob, first of all thank you for your reply. As you know originally the F10 key is assigned to the kneeboard. I didn't try to assign it to another key but I'm sure I can assign some other function to it. With this 'add-on' by Luciano Napolitano (key2mouse) it seems not to be accessable. But the thing is strange when I delete every F10 assignment so to 'clean' the access to F10 but still when I press this 'blank' F10 the simulation freezees and when I press it again the simulation runs.I think that this F10 key, once 'cleaned' can be pressed with no results, isn't that?Again thank you for your helpMichael

Michael,Is the F10 usage for "key2mouse" configurable ?If so, also try it with another keyIf not, my guess is it IS a problem on your PC since many people use it.Another option of course is, that you have discovered a bug in FS2K2, that doesn't allow you to use a non-defined F10 key. Which I find unlikely however. I will try it out later on my PC, and report back.Rob

Guest michaelm

Ok, let me know how it goes. Remember to make your tests cleaning the F10 assigment and then pressing it to see what's happening. If that's like mine you should pause the simulation without the usual pause warn on the lower left corner.Michael, Italy

He Michael,Just tried it, and have the same effect as you did.And only for the F10 key.Congratiolations: I guess you discovered a new bug in FS2K2 :-)Probable explanation: if I recall correctly, up to FS98 the Kneeboard on/off function was F10 as well, but NOT configurable via the assignments menu. So MS obviously forgot to remove the Pause code from the (empty) F10 activation code.Cheers, Rob