Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 Refuses to Work!

Guest calnaction

Hey everyone, The past few days I have been completely nable to use FS002. Everytime I start it, it hangs for a long time on the opening screen (like 5-10 mins, used to be around 1 or less), even when not loading any new scenery. Sometimes, it freezes at this point and I have to force quit it using the task manager. If I get into the game, as I tr to select aircraft, it takes FOREVER to load each one because it hangs. Then, even if I select the aircraft, once I hit the fly now button, it acts as if it is going to load, and it loads about 3%, but then it hangs (yet again) and at this point, will not progress any further (even after leaving it for 15+ mins). I then have to force quit, or manually restart. Can someone help me find out what is going on and how I can fix it??? My specs are:P4 2.0 GHZ80gb HDGeforce4 Ti4200 64mb Detenator 40 Drivers768mb RDRAmI thought it might be the memory, because while this is happening, if I try to task switch back to windows and open folders, they take a while to load (suggesting loss of memory). I used a memcheck program, but it didn't find any problems. Could it be virtual memory? I have 30+gb left on my HD so I don't see how it could be that... PLEASE HELP with any suggestions!-Cal

Cal - I don't think it's a virtual memory issue as you have enough physical RAM to allow FS2002 and the OS to run without ever using the swapfile. It sounds like it's more of an issue with the disk cache. Do you used anything like Cacheman, or similar, to "enhance" the disk cache sizing? Also, you might want to try renaming (or deleting) the fs2002.cfg file and see if that will allow it to start (FS2002 will create a new .cfg file when it starts). Have you changed any drivers or added any software since the last time FS2002 ran normally? Which OS are you using (if it's Win98 the problem may be too much physical RAM without appropriate vcache entries)?.Trip

try thismake a backup copy of fs2002 cfg file then delete the original.restart fs2002 and see if this does the trick...might work ,did solve a similar problem for me..as suggested by someone on this site.you will have to setup fs2002 again as it will go back to default options. best wishes steve