Sign in to follow this  
Bill McQueen

Detonator 40.71 drivers .......

These are now availiable officialy from Nvidia under the title "Second Beta" - supposedly offers fixes from 40.41's. Gonna try em out in a sec...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Couple things I've noticed since upgrading today from the 40.41's to the 40.71's. On the 40.41's, I had the AF set to 8x but when I tried the same setting on the 40.71's, I was getting black squares surrounding all the auto-gen trees as well as the flashing red lights ontop of buildings and other tall scenery objects. I've reduced the AF back down to 1x and the problem has gone away. Now that I think about it, after installing the driver, the AF was initially set to 4x before I jacked it up. Anyone try AF at 4x or 6x? BTW, I'm still running 4xS AA with Texture sharpening enabled.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I just installed them. Working fine with my Visiontek GF3.The colors seem to be a little brighter, the frame rates are about same as with the 40.41, I ran previously, geting 13+fps with the Simflyers KATL. The scenery is nice and sharp, but than again, I never really had the blurries problem some had. So far looks like a keeper!Pete SMSI KT3 Ultra MBAthlon XP2200+512M PC2100 DDR ramVisontek GF3(Not TI)SB Live!5.1 PlatinumViewSonic PF815 22" MonitorWinXP Home

Guest flightpro08

I've heard mixed opinions about the drivers in the Guru3D forums. Some people love them, some people hate them. :-) I'll probably end up waiting to upgrade until the next WHQL drivers come out.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.42 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

3D Mark 2001SE results:40.41= 427740.71= 5042Good enough for me. Think that I'll keep them unless a problem shows up.Best RegardsEd Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.comSystem:MSI 694-D Pro 2Dual PIII@ 1G1024 RAM, PC133VisonTek geForce3 TI500 64M DDRTurtleBay Santa Cruz soundSaitex X-36 USBWinXP Pro, SP1 Installed

With the 40.41's I got the "robotic ATC voices" problem when flying through clouds. Is that fixed in these new drivers?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Funny things these computers. 3DMark2001SE:40.41's = 1308940.52's = 1322340.71's = 13111 Go figure :-)TripNorthwood 2.2a at 2.72Ghz Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC800Gainward 64MB GF4 Ti4200 300/57040.52's DX8.1 WinXP ProInwin case / Enermax 431W PSU3DMark2001SE = 13223http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4569591

Honestly that doesn't mean a whole lot. When I run 3DMark on my machine with the same exact config one after another the results vary by up to 100 points. Usually in the 10250-10350 range with my Athlon 2000+ and GF4 Ti 4200.Good to see the drivers haven't slowed down though! From what I heard the 40.41 drivers showed up to a 25% improvement over the 30.xx drivers on some folk's machines.

Guest MC767

hiI just d/load the det 40.71 & when I installed there was an error:-Error Number: 0x80070725Description: Incompatable version of the RPC StubMy antivirus program was disabled during the installation.Anyone knows why or can help??Thanks

Guest Stamatis

Am I correct in my understanding that these drivers are not compatible with Windows 98SE ?Stamatis

The nVidia site has detonator 40.71s for windows 9x/ME as well as XP/2K...sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Stamatis

Ooops! Then my understanding was obviously wrong. Thanks for letting me know.Later...I checked the Nvidia site and if I select "GeForce" in the Step2 menu (I have a GeForce3), I only get the 30.82 drivers, not the Detonator 40.71I guess one needs to select the "Detonator" option in Step2, right?Which brings us to the next question: What series of Nvidia graphic cards do the Detonator set of drivers support?Stamatis

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Stamatis!"(...) select the "Detonator" option in Step2, right? (...)"That's correct."(...) What series of Nvidia graphic cards do the Detonator set of drivers support? (...)"All video cards supported are listed on the site. If you follow the above mentioned steps, you can hardly miss the list. Good luck!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest GabrielR

I been following this thread, I am new to this, how do you keep your old drivers in case I am not happy with the new ones? And you just install them over the old ones, or do I have to unistall them?(I have a 2 years old computer running with an Gforce 2MX400 and I have never updated my drivers!!!! - Shame on me!!)