Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

USAir Express Dash 7

Walt, that paint looks great! The registration # is that of the old Paradise Island Airlines, but USAir Express took over in 1995/6 and changed the colours to the ones you painted. :) Excellent work! I think I'll try out my Paradise Island callsign just to see what happens ;) Cheers!George

got the n number from the one at airliners,net i would appreciatre it if you e mail me the airline config with piedmont call sign whw@cox.net

Guest flightpro08

Looks great! Any plans to do a US Aiways new colors scheme? :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.42 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Check your email ;) I hope it helps...and if you're interested in my request, I would be more than willing to send you pictures from airliners.net! :) Cheers!George

will try to do paradise island air an i may do the new usairways livery but i dont think they had a dash7 in the new livery

Hey Walt, I sent you the updated email with the components zipped...Give me a shout if you have any probs :)Georgebtw, your USAir Express Dash 7 is FABULOUS! For now, I have my Florida connection (USAir Express) and my DC connection ;) (Henson) and I'm lovin' both of em! :) Thanx so much for the paint job!

Paradise Island would be super! i remember driving by those DH7's at their maintanence base at FLL when i went spotting there.chris

Hey Chris, I have a curious question: just before USAir took over Paradise Island Airlines in 1995/6, do you remember at all, seeing a Paradise Island Airlines Twin Otter? I was at Paradise Island Int'l once, and saw one parked - it appeared to be freshly delivered. However, it was never seen there again, and I never saw it thereafter. Paradise Island Airlines never put it on an itinerary, and that was that. lol. Perhaps you may have glimpsed it at the maintenance base? In the original aqua/turquoise/yellow colours...George

now THAT would've been cool! i'm afraid all i ever saw there were the DH7's, usually with an engine or 2 missing or being worked on. now that i think about it, i never noticed the reg. number so for all i know it might have been the same plane i saw all the time.in all my spotting when i lived in So. Fla., i never once remember seeing a Twin Otter of any type in FLL. its a shame cuz while growing up it was always my fav commuter plane. i grew up in Cleveland and the only DHT i ever saw at CLE belonged to NASA. we were Piper Navajo heaven for commuters back then.chris

Yeah, I remember seeing those clusters of DHC-7s out there at FLL whenever we took off from 9R or 27L (It seems Paradise was the only airline to use that runway lol). I distinctly remember seeing the Twotter but it was in the evening and it had red covers on its intakes (which led me to believe that it was just delivered).It's interesting to see how the life of a plane changes! I remember one of the hybrid Paradise Island Airlines appeared to be an ex-Canadian Partner plane (Perhaps Time Air), but had a US registration. After looking up the reg on airliners.net, it turns out that that plane was one of the Henson Piedmont Regionals commonly seen in DC back in the 80s! I thought that was too cute. And I actually flew on that particular plane, which I though was interesting. Check out that reg (N234SL). George

I have been trying to get more info on the USAir Dash 7 and I thought someone might be able to help. What cities and/or routes were served by USAir using this aircraft? Do you recall what callsign was used?Thanks for your help!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest Milton

It's been a while but having lived in Maryland, here are the few I remember. (and I may be wrong on some)Pittsburgh, PA was the hub.Wash. D.C. National (now Reagan)BWISalisbury, MDPhil. PAIslip, NYAllentown, PAHarrisburg, PANorfolk, VAThere were more but I am less confident about them. Pa, NY, MD, VA, and NC (maybe Charlotte) was the primary region for the Dash 7 I think. I only flew the BWI, National, Philly, and Salisbury legs on it.Milton