Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Removing an AFCAD

Guest RiddlePilot

I've searched this site and PAI's forums, but to no avail. I have Robert Mohammed's ATL AFCAD with 3 overlays. Its beautiful, but for some odd reason, it brings my system to a standstill. Once the airport becomes visable, no matter what view I'm in, frames fall below 10, sometimes less than 5 during busier hours. As soon as I depart the airport, or the terminal area is behind me, it jumps right back up to the usual 25. I really like the flow of the traffic, but I can't stand the FPS. I want to get rid of it and try another one. How would I go about removing this AFCAD and installing another one? I'm proficient in TTools (and Companion), ATIM, and editing the airports.txt manually, so give me any suggestion you've got.Thanks,

Guest GabrielR

The same happens to me, but I think that it has nothing to do with Mohamed's AFCAD file. I think that the amount of traffic installed is what bring the FPS down, try disminishing your AI with the slider, and check againg for FPS. with some systems the FPS go down even with the PAI AC, I have more than 25k flight plans installed, in a not-very-fast computer (1.3 GHtz- 380RAM- GForce 2MX at 64Mb), every time I get to KATL I have to bring almost all the sliders to the right. I hope it helps, just trying not to let the threads pass by.

Guest RiddlePilot

I started out with 100% and moved it back to 50% with no gain in FPS. I also decreased the cloud sprites from 75% to 50% and the Terrain detail from 90 to 80. But I guess you're right. Having 40-50 a/c in a small area doesn't really help the situation.Thanks for the quick reply,

Hey Travis, tell me what airport is "ATL" and I will send you the AFCAD I have, it is more than likely the default.Regards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

To answer your question about removing the modified AFCAD:If this is the only airport that has modified the particular scenery file, you can just delete the modified scenery file and rename the original back to just *.bgl, see example:usncaf02.bgl -- Delete the modified *.bglusncaf02.ORIGINAL -- Rename the original to usncaf02.bglIf the modified file has more than one airport updated, it is a bigger task. The following is quoted from Tom Gibson:"If I only have one airport in that BGL that I modified, then I just restore the .ORIGINAL file.However, if I have several modified airports in that file, and would like to revert only one to the default airport, here's how I do that:1. Rename xxx.bgl to xxx.bgl.modified.2. Rename xxx.ORIGINAL to xxx.bgl (you now have the default BGL installed).3. Load the default airport into AFCAD, and Export it as ICAOorig.txt.4. Now rename xxx.bgl to xxx.ORIGINAL5. Rename xxx.bgl.modified to xxx.bgl (you now have your modified BGL installed).6. In AFCAD, Import your ICAOorig.txt file. When it asks to overwrite, say YES.7. Save the file. You have now reverted that one airport to the default, but kept all your other modified airports.Hope this helps,-- Tom Gibson"

Unfortunately, even this process won't remove the extra overlay airports. For this you will need to export all your modified airports from that current AFCAD file (except the ones you want to remove!), rename the .ORIGINAL file to .BGL, and then Import all those airports back into this default file.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___