Sign in to follow this  

Project AI????

I am wondering what the heck the project AI auto installers do to FS2002. I install them and nothing different happens. Could someone tell me whats supposed to happen and what project ai actually is??

Yes, I installed the base installer. I then installed one of the delta airline installers, nothing happened, execp fs2002 had to recompile its scenery.

Guest abent

I installed Delta and went immediately to JFK and there were a few Delta jets there. May sound like a dumb question...but did you go to a few airports at different times to find the planes?Good luck. If you get it working, PAI is really wonderful!Adam

No, I just checked 1 airport, which was Grand Forks INTL just becuase I live there. I was actually just wondering if they were AI flight Plans or actually planes you flew. But thanks for answering part of my question!!

Make sure that you have AI traffic turned up - go to Options, ATC, and maks sure that you turn it up to a level where they'll show up.

BobK

Visit Atlanta...you should be able to find a sizable amount of aircraft there... ;) If not maybe you don't have enough gates. :)BTW they take real-world schedules, turn them into AI format, and put AI craft running on these flightplans. The AI aircraft are framerate friendly too :(http://img2.ranchoweb.com/images/svedude/jpsig3.jpg

It sounds like you do not have any extra gates opened.you will need to get AFinstall and some AFCAD files to go with them.You can find all of this in the Avsim library under Airport and Facility Data.Some airports will have overlays so you can have Ai use different runways and certain terminal buildings.Some other tools you will proboly want are Ai traffic mover and Ai traffic swapper.I can assure you when you a good afcad file there will be AI everywhere, espically at Atlanta and JFK.It's a good ideal to get all of the Ai installers to have "alot" of traffic.Richard Dillon KPDKSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta TeamPAI beta tester ____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

I went back and forth installing and uninstalling until I finally got it right.Did you make a copy of your entire FS2002 directory before installing PAI? I always do now, so I can recover from something that goes wrong, which happens to me quite often :-lolHere're what worked for me:Install the base installer first (make sure to check the GA option chackbox), then install the Olympic setup, then Air France and then the others. Leave the full Delta Air Lines to be the last one.I now have my airports full of real life airplanes and the Orbit, Amaerican Pacific and Soar monstruosities are gone!EnjoyKerke

I had this problem too. I installed every single PAI autoinstall file (including base install first) and I saw nothing! Not only were my regular AI traffic gone, there was hardly 4-5 aircraft at even big airports like atl and jfk (out of which 1 might be taxing to a runway) and all these aircraft were United (no Delta's at all at ATL!). I used AITM (available on avsim, I think) and it reported that almost 90% of my planes in the flightplan were "NOT FOUND". I had more general aviation AI traffic at the teeny-weeny airports than at the big airports. Then I read you need the PFDEv2 files or something similar (available at projectai site) to get the aircraft.cfg files right. I did that and still no greater number of ai planes (it contains its own version of *.air and aircraft.cfg files). Then I started to examine each and every texture and aircraft.cfg files within a PAI directory for mismatch and I saw that there were LOTs of mismatches in just about every PAI aircraft directory. Also, the autoinstallers did not install some of the textures e.g., there was no texture.kqa anywhere to be found (for kenya airlways) while many of the aircraft.cfg files referred to it in one of the [flightsim.#] sections. I had to manually correct all these aircraft.cfg files by matching the [flightsim.#] sections to corresponding texture files. And suddenly I got more aircraft in all the airports (I now get about 6-7 delta's, 2-3 united and maybe 1 or 2 other airlines at around 1:00 pm at ATL). AITM now reports only 4 or 5 aircraft as "NOT FOUND". (My ATC slider is at 100%). I suspect, that I also need to get good AFCAD files for ATL and other airports to get some decent amount of traffic. I still have not understood exactly what these afcad files do, but I'm working on it. I installed it for KDFW (with multiple overlays) and also for KIAH and there is still nothing there - perhaps because most of the traffic there is American Airlines and Continental and ProjectAI does not yet have textures and flightplans for these yet. I will need to test this with a ATL and see if I get more deltas. Apart from installing AFCAD files, there seems to be another issue of then moving different airlines to different overlays (again .. something that I'm not sure how to do). I wish someone would write a good tutorial on this (I didn't quite understand it at the AITM site .. perhaps I didn't dedicate enough time to understand it).

Hi PAI, installs any airline to the airports that have the actual airlines that land or takeoff from there. You mentioned North Dakota, if for example Delta does not fly there you will not see any Delta planes there. But if you go to Atlanta (KATL) you will see just tons of Delta jets.I live and fly out of Denver, I have just a "gob" of United flight every day. In fact the other day I was number 21 for takeoff at Denver International Airport. The secret to PAI, install the aircraft to the default location of FS2K2. Once you get it correct and use the proper AFCAD for the airport you are using you will see just an amazing real view of aircraft. I cannot say enough how great the PAI aircraft are at major airports that I fly to.If you are still having problems, go to the PAI website and list the problems. The website is: http://www.projectai.com/ Post if you are still having problems.Bob JohnsonKDEN

I wish they would release some of the major US carriers such as continental and American soon. I am currently using the default aircrafts for continental and when there are about 30 of them at Houston Intercontinental, the frame rates take a huge dip. PAI aircraft all very frame-rate friendly. With the same number of PAI deltas at Atlanta, my frame rates are still pretty decent.

Make sure all the {fltsim.xx} are from .00 to .15,etc. with no gaps in the numbers.Also makes sure there are NO leading spaces in front of the {fltsim.xx}. ex. " {fltsim.xx}", remove those spaces, somce of the older auto-installers were adding spaces causing planes not to show..

Guest WorkingStiff

Do you mean that airlines like Delta and United are not "major US carriers?" :-lol BTW, minutes ago I grabbed a shot of Terminal A at Newark....there were Continental tails as far as my eyes could see.

Oops .. I should have said "also some of the other major carriers..". Are those repaints of the default aircrafts or has PAI released them somewhere unofficially? I get a similar scene as well at EWR, but even with a 1.8Ghz/512mb/64mb_Nvidia machine, I start getting stutters when I have so many of these continentals. I'm afraid of even downloading AA repaints of the default aircraft.P.S.: Is that freeware or payware EWR scenery?