Sign in to follow this  

Problem with Project AI.... NOT WORKING

I've just installed the Base files needed for PAI and i've also d/l some airlines, BUT the only problem is that NO Project AI a/c is in FS, only the "FEW" odd default.What do i do to get these Project AI to work with their flight plans etc..?I've tried putting ATC to maximum and ........ nope no change.Anyone know whats going on?CheersWill

When you installed the Base Installer, did you point it to your fs2002 folder. The default is C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002. If this is not your default then I will bet you have a new folder on your C: drive with some Project AI aircraft, and other files. If you do, just uninstall then reinstall to the correct folder.

Yep i told PAI to install into my FS2002 folder which is:H:FS2002I can tell you that it has installed there because there are many PAI a/c type sub-directories now in the main aircraft folder.What are these "other files" that were installed, care to tell me where i can find them if you know...?I can't find anything else concerning flightplans, I can tell you it installed loads, but is there a specific program that i will need to view these flightplans, or can you direct me to the flightplans.txt file?I'm going to try looking at other airport, but expect to see nothing other than default.Will

Will...download Lee Swordy's Traffic Tools (TTools). it will decompile your flightplans, airports, aircraft into text files. you can then read the flightplans and find out EXACTLY when an AI plane is scheduled to land or take off.also....if your not seeing anything, there are several things to make sure of. 1) make sure your "sim=" line in your aircraft config file reads the same as your *.air file. example -> if your air file in your AI aircraft folder reads paiB732v2, make sure your sim line reads "sim=paiB732v2". 2) make sure your title line in the aircraft config file is the same as it reads in your aircraft.txt file that TTools has decompiled. example -> if your title file reads "title=PAI B732 UAL" make sure in your aircraft.txt file it reads the same PAI B732 UAL.i think there are a few other things to check into, but i can't recall what they are and i'm at work right now.hope this helpschris

Something else to check I started to notice this when I would install a package if you open up the aircraft.cfg for say the 737 scroll to the bottom and see if you see any aircraft listing placed at the bottom. It seems this is where all mine were and this will cause you to see not traffic.John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Thanks for all the info guys, i've reinstalled it from fresh and i'm pleased to say, after doing all the checks you've all stated including the tips on flight plan times and aircraft.cfg checks, i was able to set to a time to see if whether the a/c should be @ their stands, and they were. Thanks for all your helpWill