Sign in to follow this  
gosta

FS2002 file error after reinstallation

Hi,I need help to correct the problem raise after i reinstalled FS2002. I used completed installation package. Since the first start, the opening screen was paused with this message" scenery.cfc file error! Local scenery directory (scenedbvehiclesvehiclesscenery) in scenery Area.118 not found."Area 118 in my scenery setting is Southern Africa.Is there any way to remove this problemThanksBryanCYVR

Hi Bryan,Did you do an uninstall of fs2002 before doing the reinstall?If not it may be best to do the uninstall and then reinstall again.I just looked at the folder (scenedbvehiclesvehiclesscenery)and it does contain .bgl files. Unfortunately, I don't understand why the folder is missing after your reinstall.Suggest you open the folder scenedbvehiclesvehicles and see what is in there. In my case i have a scenery and a texture folder as well as a scenery.dat file. Then either post the info here or send me an e-mail message.Hope this helps,Howard

Howard,Thanks for your quick reply. I looked into the folder. Under the directory " C:FS GameFS2002SCENEDBVehicles", it is blank and have nothing inside it. Is it possible to take file from other FS2002 and fill it into my missing folder?You may contact me at sto@sfu.caThanksBryan

Yes, you can browse the FS2002 CDs, just cancel the autorun and use the Windows search function to look for the files. They're likely to be contained in some .cab files. Unfortunately, I don't know where the scenedb/vehicles folder would be, but I'll have a look later.Cheers,Gosta.