Sign in to follow this  
Guest Navigator

Small splash screen

Guest Navigator

Help! All of a sudden my opening screen of FS2002 (splash sceen) is only filling about 2/3 of my desk top. Also the next screen, where I can choose flights, is small. However, when I press FLY NOW, the screen expands to full size; i.e. it is as big as it can be on my monitor. I must have changed something somewhere, probably in a config file, but where? It doesn

Guest SD Sim

Hi Roland,This typically happens if you close MSFS after you had the sim in windowed mode, and the window was not expanded to fill the entire screen. Launch the sim, select the windowed mode, and expand it until it fills the whole screen. Now if you shut down the sim, the next time it is launched you will have the full splash screen back.

Another easy way to make sure it launches as maximized:On your desktop, where I assume you have the FS2002 icon, right click the FS icon. Select Properties and Under "Run" select maximized. You can do this to any shortcut icon where you want the program to start off maximized.

Guest SD Sim

Now that is a great tip. I'll have to find a neuron that can retain that nifty piece of information ;)

Guest Navigator

Thanks both of you for your suggestions. Sorry - they didn