Sign in to follow this  

POLL - Who's using ACLoader?

Yes, I do know it of course :-) :-) But I do not use it?Nothing to do with the quality or features... or perhaps it has.. For my kind of flying, it has too many features ;-)I just do bush flying hops in old Beavers, DC-3's and such, very often not even finishing the trips... and many 'tests' when looking at add-ons (scenery, utilities, new aircraft). Not the sort of work that allows me to use ACLoader, FSMaintenance and the likes.But..... it IS a good program and I AM looking forward to your new release ! :-)Bye Scott :-wave :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75b.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

HiI never use FS flightplan. Usually I fly VATSIM so I go to the VACC and get the flightplan from there. The flightplans usually are reals ones in the form fixe route fixe like:LPMA LPPT A319/M 01H35MN M078 F360 SNT UN745 NARTA DCT GANSUThat means that the info I have is:flight time or distance;Flight level;From NOAA the aloft wich allow me to calculate the mean wind during flight;Aiplane Gross weight;What I miss is a easy to use program that allow me to calculate the fuel. I know pilot assistant but it is a excel spreadsheet. I'm using Keroplan, nice program but doesn't take in consideration all these factors.Jos

Guest Scott Campbell

Francois,Yes, ACLoader is really more for passenger and cargo hauls with something a but larger than GA aircraft.I've never tried with the DC-3 though, since I don't have one. Given the popularity of the the plane, I should make sure it works with it.Heather is using ACLoader with the DC-3 I think, and I've not heard from her about it.Hopefully V4 will be more simple to use.

Guest Scott Campbell

...I have had over 15,000 downloads of the thing since Version 1 and there are only a couple people who posted that they use it.Where's the other 14,997?

Guest roderic757

I use ACLoader and I love it. I use it for every single flight and I will continue to use it too...I hope that you add more commercial aircraft that are not in the program. I would also like to participate in any beta testing if you are going to do any of that before the release. I would like to see a fuel calculator as well that can be incorporated with just the load planning based on distance etc. cheers...email me if you need any help with anything.

I'm one of the "missing" but then you already know I think its an excelent program & is in use at Orange Air.

One of the missing dowloaders, here....Right now, the biggest thing I fly with anything approaching regularity is a King Air so I don't use it anymore. When I was flying larger aircraft, I was using it all the time. Fantastic utility which I'd not fly one of those huge, lumbering beasts without.

Guest Scott Campbell

Bill,Thanks. Hopefully V4 will allow you to load the King Air just as easily as the 747-400.

I use ACLoader since last june and I love it so much.In many aircrafts I had a fine ajust to txt file to matchwith technical airplanes details. For this I went to boeinghome page many times. For the guys who use opensky planes I recommendto fix the eyepoint to this file. AcLoader is a excellent free stuffwe have to fly more realistically. I recommend.

Guest hoohah

I've only recently started using ACLoader (for the CRJ200ER) and I love it. I'm starting work now on figuring out how to get the Fokker F50 details into ACLoader so that I can use the program to set loading for it.I think any good VA should be using tools like ACLoader (or similar) and FS Maintenance - but most aren't and never will...to many people trying to reach X # of hours so that they can "fly" the 747 with the cool new paint-job. Any way, keep up the good work.-hoo