Sign in to follow this  
Guest sidewinder

Wilco Airport 2002??

Summer's gone and Autumn is skipping quickly past. Does any one know when Wilco will be releasing their new shiny Aurport package????

Hi!Nice to hear that they'll release it soon!By the way, does anyone know if their Munich airport will already include the soon to be finished terminal 2? I hope so, as EDDM will become a totaly different look and almost twice the capacity it has now.Toby

Hello,Airport 2002 is nearly gold. So not much long to wait. Official release dates are not given by Wilco, btw.About EDDM, it includes the new terminal completed (even if we are slightly ahead of schedule for this one ;-))All the best,Michael RenousWilco Publishinghttp://www.wilcopub.com

Guest A32X

Hi Michael,Any news on the A320 preview video?Cheers,

Hi,The avi in itself is ready for a while but we have decided to suspend its publication due to some criticism on unfinished texture.Whilst the A320 is a product that has been and still requiring an enourmous amount of work, opening -in our view- a new very promising technology, we prefer to wait and have a "nicer look of the product" and not demonstrate it at this stage.We believe that once it will be in the hands of the simmers it will reveal all its potential.At this stage, developers are focusing on the reliability of the aircraft systems and only when completed, will they focus on the design.We will have to wait for then (product release still expected within few weeks), before releasing the avi.Thanks for your interest,Michael RenousWilco Publishinghttp://www.wilcopub.com

Kudos to you guys for fixing those problems with the A320 that people noted from the preview shots rather than trying to push it out the door... [;)] I think it'll be really nice when it's done...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I have to agree, these two new Wilco products look very promising. I just hope this new technology they are talking about holds true in regards to framerates. I am very interested to compare the Simflyers scenery with Wilco's.

Eric 

Yes!You definately won another customer! Can't wait to see Terminal 2 in action!I hope it will be compatible with GAP1 scenery?Thanks, Toby

Hey straight from the horse's mouth!! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Eric,Obviously the frame issue is something we have looked carefully into.Choice is often between complexity and realism of scenery and acceptable frame rate.However with FSNAT you'll be able to add scenery, animate objects around your airport (aircraf, cars, gates, trucks...) and make script for them.It will depend on how far you will want to detail your airport and this is a matter of each person taste and interest.We should be releasing the manual online of ways of scripting of FSNAT very soon.All the best,Michael RenousWilco Publishinghttp://www.wilcopub.com

Guest A32X

The A320 looks like its going to hit frames hard. How does it manage to operate when the 'VC' is the whole aircraft which you can actually walk around?I dont get it *:-*(Really can't wait to see the .avi)

Hello again,Well, let's give the first clue here... First of all, in no way there is magic, but just trying to make an appropriate use of resources.In order to see the cabin, you'll have to have the door of the cockpit open (just by cliking on the door, it will be animated and will slowly and simply open).Then you separate the resources for the VC and the cockpit...Obviously on how is everything active in the 3D cockpit and in the cabin, this is obviously far more complicated ;-)Hope it answers part of your question,Michael RenousWilco Publishinghttp://www.wilcopub.com

Guest Stamatis

Hi Michael,Are these airports designed using GMAX?Stamatis