Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scott Campbell

Ariane -- Interesting news regarding dial-up purchases

Guest Edam

If nothing else, than the people who were unable to get their purchased products now can, hopefully having enough sense to think twice about ordering from there in the future. Get it while you can and run.

Guest Timbo

I guess they have customer support after all, huh?[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated August 31st!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Guest Toni Rauch

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE"...I'm sorry I shot you; here's a Band Aid to make it better..."Toni.

Well said and to the point, Toni..Like a child who blames someone else for his/her "boo-boo", Ariane makes it sound like the real fault is being among the "few" dial-up users. Interesting. I had no idea of the background behind Ariane. When the gmax 737-400 came out, I thought--"looks nice, but where are the liveries". I didn't buy it because I felt "more" should be there given the price. Then the threads here started, and I didn't want to believe them. I still thought it looked nice. But still no liveries--thus no value. Everything has been given out piecemeal, at added cost (measured in money or frustration). Just like an infomercial, where the final price isn't revealed until you've been suckered into watching the thing for 15 minutes.I wonder what the final cost will be? Where are the promised liveries? Where is the promised 737-300?

Guest Edam

>I guess they have customer support after all, huh? Yes, but I'm sure that it's only temporary.

Like I have said I am not here to defend them but it appears they are at the least trying to fix there problem.Also remember PSS also charged Per livery as well I see no difference except that Arian has been very slow getting any new liveries out.John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Guest Toni Rauch

JohnI'm sorry, but comparing PSS to Ariane is like comparing chalk to cheese.Fistly, you can get PSS products.Secondly, PSS give ongoing support and care about their customers.Thirdly, PSS give real value for money (especially V. Ariane).Fourthly, PSS don't threaten litigation if you say you don't like them.Fifthly, PSS products are innovative, not just re-hashes.(How many of the above statements can you honestly say about Tishma/Ariane?)And most importantly, Graham Waterfield calls himself "Graham Waterfield"! Not Bob Hale, Bobbo, or any other 'hide-behind' aliases!Toni.

Guest Toni Rauch

How about "ONCE A THIEF, ALWAYS A THIEF"?

You make understandable points, Toni, but John was merely saying that the selling policy of Ariane and PSS are pretty much the same, perhaps the only thing you didn't cover in your comparison. They both sell a single livery at at time, yet PSS isn't attacked for that.Scott

Tony First off I am not trying to compare Ariane and PSS what I am merely pointing out is that BOTH companies sell liveries separate. What is the big deal about that if someone is willing to spend the $$ on purchasing each livery that is the customers right I did with both companies. What's done is done that cannot be changed. People have expressed there opinions and feelings on this matter it's over as it looks I do not see Ariane closing up shop. I think most of us are over the Ariane/PT stuff maybe Tom will put in a Ariane/PT forum where people can post away about them and let's get this forum back to the way it was before this fiasco.I am on a 56k connecting at 33.3 I never had a problem d/l Araine products. I had a problem when the Ariane 737 was first release but they worked to get me my planes not to mention they sent me a CD with the 737 panel, both UA 737's, the UA 757 , and UA 767. To me they have treated me ok.John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Guest B52Drivr

You know gang, I had this long post prepared, blasting away, and then the power went off and I had time to think about it. So, seeing that you have blasted these guys for crappy download service, and now we are blasting them again for improving their download service, I have seen the light.I think we should hunt down PT, shoot him in the back of the head with a 10mm Glock and be done with it. While we are at it, I'm sure he had something to do with the JFK assasination, the first bombing of the World Trade Center, and hell, while we are at it, I am sure he is a upstanding member of Al Quada, why, I'll bet he's Osama himself.Lets quit all this talk and just go out and get him.Obsession can be a very destructive thing . . . when you hate someone this much, it destroys something in yourself. I know, I was obsessed for almost twenty years for what happened to me in 1972 . . . I thank God every day that I finally saw the light.Think about it, this has developed into mob mentality. For myself, well, I think I'll just buy their new aircraft, and panel, and start flying again . . . I seem to have missed that lately. I've had enough of it . . .you guys have done your job, I actually feel sorry for the guy now.Job well done!Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Whoa, hold on there. They sell liveries, true, but they also sell a BASE package, which includes all the models, panel, sounds and the rollout factory livery AND do not threaten with litigation for painting the birds yourself. You are not forced to buy the liveries, there are plenty of user edits available, even on their site. In addition to that, they heavily discount the purchases, it's not like you're paying the full price if you buy more than one.The principle may be somewhat similiar, but trying to put them in the same basket is disgusting.