Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Problem with taking screenshots

I'm always getting the panel in the shot, even when I'm in spot view, I've got 2x AA on and am running XP SP1, no menu bar either. Does anyone know of a fix? Greg_________________________ "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"-Leonardo Da Vinci

Guest flightpro08

Computer specs?Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.42 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

>I'm always getting the panel in the shot, even when I'm in >spot view, I've got 2x AA on and am running XP SP1, no menu >bar either. Does anyone know of a fix? >>>>>Greg Eh????? :-hmmm AFAIK any screen grab utility only grabs what you see on screen so if you get a 'true' spot view, i.e. no panel, then your screen shot *should* be identical.It may be worth looking at another screen grabber, I use fsscreen.zip and have no problems although I don't use XP.

Ryan:1.7Ghz P4128MB Geforce 4 Ti4200512MB SDRAMWinXP SP1Det 3082 WHQLI'll try it again, right now I'm using the default print screen function.Greg_________________________ "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"-Leonardo Da Vinci

Well went back to the 29.42s, default settings, 8x AF and 4xS AA and looks beautiful! Thanks. :-)Greg_________________________ "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"-Leonardo Da Vinci

You don't say anythng about running dual monitors, but if you are and you have your panel on the second monitor, you will get a picture of whatever is on the second monitor right along side the picture on the primary monitor.If you are running dual monitors try disabling the second while you are taking the screen shot.

Guest flightpro08

Yeah, I'm using the 29.42's as well, very good drivers. Never did like the 30.82's. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.42 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

if you are and you have your panel on the second monitor, you will get a picture of whatever is on the second monitor right along side the picture on the primary monitor.Not if you hit ALT+PRINT SCREEN which will only paste the active screen onto the clipboard.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Aidi

Its amazing the snipets of info you can pic up from the posts on these forums.. Where as i have not had any problems taking screenshots, I have now learnt that the ALT+PRINTSCR will capture only the primary monitor... Thanks for that.http://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest WorkingStiff

ALT+PrintScreen will NOT capture the primary monitor....It captures the ACTIVE monitor; i.e. the one where the title bar is highlighted.PrintScreen and ALT+PrintScreen are Windows commands.(1) To make a copy of the active window, press ALT+PRINT SCREEN. (2) To copy the entire screen as it appears on your monitor, press PRINT SCREEN.

Guest WorkingStiff

Hey, no problem. I just thought I'd clarify.

Hi Aidan,Thanks for that.You're very welcome :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I use FSScreen with Windows XP Pro with no problems plus with FSScreem I can take as many screen shots as I want just by using the Print Screen key and retrive them later where they are stored in FSScreen. The only problem is that they are stored as BMPs, but you can rename them to jpg. It is a free utility.