Sign in to follow this  

Stuttering and blurries with Geforce 4 Ti4200

I just replaced my GF2 MX400 with a new Visiontek GF4 Ti4200. I'm getting lots of blurries, and stutters that last maybe a second or two, the sim appears to hang, but the airplane keeps going, so that it can get out of control. Using 30.82 Dets.System:Geforce 4 Ti4200 128MB512 MB SDRAMIntel D845HVP4 1.7GhzThanks a lot,Greg_________________________ "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"-Leonardo Da Vinci

I have a very similar setup (except AMD XP 1800+) and also upgraded from GF2 MX400 to GF4 Ti4200 and am very happy with the results. I am also using 30.82 drivers. I was having some problems after trying some tweaks ....I then deleted the 30.82s and reinstalled the same drivers--all worked ok again. I am currently using the default Ti4200 values, except for 4xS AA and 8x AF. So you might try deleting your current drivers and reinstalling them. HTH. Steve J.P.S. I have Win XP/SP1, and have been using add/remove programs to delete my drivers. I've not yet seen a definitive answer on how to completely delete drivers with Win XP. If anyone knows, could you add to this response? The add/remove programs approach seems to work for me.

OK, I'll try that, thanks. But how's the image quality with default settings? How fast does it run, 4XS AA brings my FPS from 25 to 10!!!Cheers,Greg_________________________ "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"-Leonardo Da Vinci

I found something extremely crazy. I use an email program called "incredimail". It is a great program but for some reason it and fs cause troubles. I disabled it from the startup menu-if I run fs as my first program it runs like a dream (with the same video card). However, if run incredimail, and then try to start fs it either won't boot up or I get the blurries right away. Wierd stuff-but you might want to check into outside programs that run at your startup.By the way-it took me months to figure this out-and I bought the new video card thinking that would fix it. I don't regret the video card-it is amazing-but the problem was in the running of another outside program.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

I use WinXP, that doesn't support Det Destroyer.Greg_________________________ "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"-Leonardo Da Vinci

With my settings, mostly maxed....I get 18.8 to 19.1 fps at Meigs in dfault 172 or Archer II...this is with 4xS AA and 8x AF enabled on the card and AA turned on in FS2002.Also, many recommend Detonator Destroyer, but that program does not support Win XP. Thus my earlier question......Add/Remove programs in Win XP seems to be working, but I was just wondering what others were using with XP.

Guest gasebah

Try this:Uninstall the Nvidia drivers in your system /software page. Do not reboot yet. Go to your Windows/Inf folder, and find the files nv3.inf and nv4.inf. Rename them nv3.i_f and nv4.i_f. Extract the driver to a known location, e.g.: C:/Nvidia. The 40s will do that by default. Do not install the driver yet!!Restart your computer. When the wizard comes up, lead it to the new drivers folder. Return the nv4.i_f and nv3.i_f to their original names incase of a problem windows will still install the default XP drivers.Alex

Thanks all I'll try that.Greg_________________________ "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"-Leonardo Da Vinci