Sign in to follow this  
CraigC

STROBES OFF?? during day??

I think the two lights are being confused here. At KEWR, its beacons on engines on (red beacons); but strobes (white beacons) are off immediately after runway turnoff or turned on when taking the active.It is exceptionally poor airmanship to keep your stobes on whilst taxiing around the airport because it dazzles other pilots at night and besides that, you'll get called a bad name! :-lolMike T.

I agree! :-lolI, too, think Mr. Alvaraez has his lights mixed up! The red on top and bottom fo the aircraft use a 'rotating-reflector' set-up that works on the same principle as the lights on top of emergency vehicles like police squad cars, ambulances, and maintainence trucks.

Wow, never seen a 4 seated Katana... However, [a href=http://members.lycos.co.uk/fs2k2]here[/a] are some pics of the smaller one. A very nice plane. But hey, on your panel pic, is that one of those digital engine gauges? :DEtienne :-wave

i think we all have different names for them..lol but yeah i mean the red beacons not the white strobes. but the drivers manual for the airport calls them strobes/anti-collision lights.

i have seen the rotating ones but not on the aircraft i work around. i work for worldwide flight services. we service america west, air canada, and national airlines, plus some charters. all the aircraft that we do have blinking red beacons not the rotating ones

Guest ScottPilot

OK, There seems to be some confusion when to use the anti-collision lights and strobe lights. I know this is long, but please bear with me.I received an e-mail from someone today regarding this (who didn't agree with my statement), but I accidentally deleted it. So I did some more research and here is what the Airman

i agree i havent seen them with the white stobes on while taxing around the airport untill theyre ready for takeoff.the ones i shouldve said in the first place were the red beacons :) forgot they both fall under the same categorythose white stobes are blinding. it drives me nuts whenever the pilots test them out to see if they work while at the gate. really bright

Scott, your definition was a little more involved than mine was in the new thread I posted. Im not sure who posted first, so I apologize if I doubled up the explanation and wasted forum space. I didnt think too many would see it after reading other posts in this thread saying that strobes were required. :)Craig

You don't by any chance work for Port Authority do you?