Sign in to follow this  
Jay R

Dash 7 Paradise Island

I just got back this morning from a week-long visit to Memphis and the beginnings of "closing out" my father's house... what a hard week! I needed a bit of relaxation after such a taxing time, so I started noodling around with the DHC-7 textures again. This one is a Paradise Island livery I had started 10 days ago. It's in pretty good shape, but I'd like to fix up the curve to the fuse stripes this weekend before posting. Here's a preview:http://www.spottedantelope.com/bwomack/ima...dise_island.jpgThe font isn't perfect on the logo, but it's a reasonable representation of the original. The nacelles aren't done yet, either. I'll probably upload it sometime Saturday or Sunday, depending on the time I have to finish.Thanks for all the words of encouragement in the thread about my dad (http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=10618&forum=DCForumID8) by the way. It helped me get through one of the toughest weeks of my life, and I'm sure it'll be a comfort well into the future.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

BILL THAT'S STUNNING!!!!! I think I'm about to have a seizure!!! I have been waiting for this since the plane was released!!! I even made the callsign for it! LOL. Thanks sooo much! We're glad to see you back here again! I trust you're coping well with everything? :) I hope all is well, and keep up your excellent work!George

looks very nice was going to do one but will work on another

Guest Milton

Bill,I am happy to see you back. I understand the loss very well. My father was the greatest man I've ever known and I miss him dearly. Cherish the memories. ;-)The Paradise is looking great and I look forward to it. Thank you for your contibutions to the community with the Dash 7.Kind RegardsMilton Shupe

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!You have made my month!! I can't wait!! Did I say thank you!!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Guest Milton

LOL Jason ... I knew after all these months that you would love this one. :-)Thank you again Bill. ;-)Milton

Thanks! I just got the striping on the fuselage worked out and finished the nacelles. The repaint has been submitted to the library, so look out for it!http://www.spottedantelope.com/bwomack/ima...adiseIsland.jpg

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

THANK YOU BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to fly my PID - PBI segment! :D You've definitely made my day! George

Hey Milton,Long time now hear from!!! Too much goin on these days isn't there!? I just wanted to take this chance to say thanks to you also for this most awesome plane. It's absolutely incredible!! Look forward to more of your work!! Good to hear from ya!!!Hey GEORGE, good to have some hometown goodies huh!!? It'll be great to have when I move to Canada!! How's flyin these days!!?Take care all.http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"