Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Weather Maker-Personal Edition----PROBLEM

Has anyone had this problem using Weather Maker? You are cleared to land on one runway, and just as you are about to land the tower clears you to land on the opposite runway. When you land, tower says you are not cleared to land!I was landing at Heathrow, cleared to land on runway 9L, just as I was about to touch down, the tower told me I was cleared to land on runway 27L. Since I was only four hundred feet about the runway I landed, only to be faced with a plane coming straight at me!I had the same problem landing at Kastrup also. Cleared to land on one runway only to be told to land at the opposite runway. Am I missing something. This has only happened while using Weather Maker.Anyone else having this problem? Thanks

Guest Justa

Just same with me. My AI traffic have been crazy. I want answers too!Justa - Brazil

Guest Edam

That can happen whether, or not, you are using Weather Maker.

Hi,As Edam says this can happen with any weather program. What you should do is to load FS2002 and your weather program and then sit tight for several minutes. The Ai traffic will then stabilise according to the current winds.If you take-off too soon Ai traffic would be generated with the startup weather and this may be quite different to that generated later by an external weather program.Listen to ATIS, read through your checklists or just chat to the co-pilot. An aircraft walk-around is probably taking things too far .Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather