Sign in to follow this  

Help! How do I move aircraft to overlays.

Hello,I installed one of the afcad files (by Boyd Barker) that contained3 overlay files for KATL. The result of that + Project AI is this huge traffic jam all lined up for a single runway (9L). I tried using AITM to move different classes of aircraft for different overlays, but I in the "move" section, only one overlay shows up in the list (KATL) and the other two overlays (2ATL and 3ATL) do not show up. So how do I distribute the traffic to different overlays?

Guest PhilC

gopal,I had the same problem so I gave up. Anyone have any idea how to get the overlays to show up in AI Traffic Mover? I believe that this is what we both need to know.

Guest RiddlePilot

Decompile your traffic.bgl with TTools. Open up the airports.txt file and see if there's an entry for 2ATL and 3ATL. If not, make an entry, and copy all the numbers following the KATL entry to the 2 and 3ATL and save the file. Recompile the .bgl. Then, go into AITM and you should be able to move traffic to the two new overlays.

I take the airline's timtable (one at a time) from the "FlightPlans.txt", copied it to Word, and searched for (ex.) "KATL". Then selected "Replace All" with "2ATL", etc. A lot faster than looking through the whole thing yourself. :)

BobK

Guest RiddlePilot

That is the same thing that AITM will do for you, only it will allow you to control how many instances of KATL are changed to 2ATL (a percentage or a certain number)

I contacted the author of AITM who gave this helpful tip. After using AFCAD to save the overlays, go and manually edit the airports.txt file. Find for example, the line starting with KATL and then insert identical 2 more copies of this line right after it and name the airports 2ATL and 3ATL. Now if you loadup the flightplan in AITM and go to move, the 2ATL and 3ATL should show up.