Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanP

A Review of Orbiter Space Sim to be ever done ???

Guest xoio

Greetings Editors!A year has now passed since the incredible & complex Orbiter Space sim was added to your list of supported Simulators.The curious things is that on Martin Schweiger's home site, he proudly claims (& it is still there) the following:"December 3, 2002 The new release of Orbiter is front-page news on AVSIM.com - with a full review to follow later this week. Orbiter is now an official AVSIM partner, and in addition to the add-on file repository, AVSIM are hosting a mirror for the full Orbiter distribution. "He mentions a FULL review!? It follows that he must have been told this by someone within AVSIM Management, for Martin to feel it worth mentioning on his own home site. Did this review every appear? If so can you please point me in the direction to read it. If no review exists, may i ask when one will, as over six months have gone by beyond Martins' "full review to follow later this week".I look forward to your responce.Kind RegardsAlistair

Guest xoio

No responce from anyone!????Al

Guest IanP

You could always offer to write one? ;-)Seriously, there are always more reviews waiting to be done than reviewers able to do it. Unfortunately non-mainstream products such as Orbiter will lose out to FS versions and add-ons. I have only just reinstalled Orbiter after quite a long gap and am taking a fairly steep learning curve to get the Deltaglider back to the ISS.Unfortunately I'm an ex-reviewer rather than a current one, due to lack of time and ability to commit to deadlines for the forseeable future. Otherwise I would offer to write one.So here's an instant review:"A spaceflight simulator, not for the faint of heart, but strikes a nice balance between the complexity required by hardrcore spaceflight fans and ease of use for the beginner. If you're even remotely interested, go take a look - it's worth the investment in download time and doesn't cost anything else to try. RTFM essential!" :-hahIan P.:-halo