Sign in to follow this  
Guest nitram

Dreaded Blue Screen- ati3dlag.dll

Guest nitram

Recently I keep crashing out of the sim with the dreaded blue screen and the usual Microsoft 'illegal operation in ati3dlag.dll'Anyone else having this problem ?I am running XP home edition fully patched.CPU: XP1600+ UnclockedRam: 768MBVideocard: Radeon 7500 64 MB AGP unclocked Standard Drivers

Hi there,it's an old XP bug that seems to have come back with SP1, and the new catalyst driver is no cure. The best thing to do would be to uninstall SP1 and roll back the driver to the non-current one.Cheers,Gosta.

Guest nitram

Hi Gosta, thanks for the advice. I just tried Ati and they have just released a new catalyst driver. I will try that for now and see if that has improved things. So far my sim has n't crashed.Regards Nitram

Hi Nitram,if you mean the driver that was released on 12 September, that's the one that gives me occasional crashes. But you never know, it might work perfectly on your system.Good luck,Gosta.

Guest nitram

Hi Gosta,The driver I have was released 29th September version '6166'. You might like to check it out.Regards Nitram

Hi Nitram,version 6166 is the one I have - strange about the different release dates, though. Anyway, I'll try it out again and see. Otherwise, there should be a new driver in a couple of weeks or so...Cheers,Gosta.

Hi Nitram,I just noticed something - I got FS2002 last year shortly after it came out, and kept getting crashes with the onboard graphics chip ('driver stuck in an infinite loop'). I got the ATI card for Christmas, and the problems went away. Everything was OK until last week, when I started getting the same crashes as last year. Could it have something to do with the autumn textures? I did a flight today in Brazil (where it's spring), no problem. I tried one in Japan and one in the US (where it's autumn), and FS crashed on both occasions.Maybe that's worth investigating?Cheers,Gosta.

Guest nitram

Hi Gosta,My problems started before the autumn textures changed, so I don't think it was that. I had a Geforce 32MB card before and never had this crash. Being that it says ati3dlag.dll each time, it must be the drivers. I just hope that this recent driver change has sorted it. So far so good and my textures seem a little smoother aswell.Regards Nitram