Sign in to follow this  

Re: Night Lighting of Aircraft

I have a problem which has been the subject of much discussion in the PAI forum but I need a wider audiance to try and solve/confirm the puzzel!Problem - Default and PAI aircraft will not display night lighting (not navaids but tail/windows/reflections) on my system which is an AMD Duron 800/512RAM/VooDoo4 4500 AGP 32Mb/W98SE.The general concensuss is that it is the graphics card with which I have the latest drivers installed etc. etc.What I would like to find is two things:-A) has anyone else got this problem?:( has anyone with the same (or similar) graphics card not got night lighting for thier aircraft?Very grateful for any feed back before I ask the bank manager for even more help!Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.Email: Peter@air-pierre.fsnet.co.uk

On my system they lit up only when taxing to runway or when going to park at gates then they seem to shut down.It would be good if at least the tail lights stayed on.

Thanks for that! What is 'your' systems graphics card?Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

Problem solved!Thanks to a colleague in the PAI forum raking his brains this solved the problem.In the root directory of FS2002 is a file called display.cfg. Within this are the lines.;----------------------------------------------------------------------; 3dFX Voodoo 5;----------------------------------------------------------------------<0000121a:00000009>DXTn=0MultiTexture=0TexGen=0Change the zero values to ones (as below) and your default aircraft (and the PAI AI stuff) will light up their tails/windows and landing light reflections on the fuselage when the aircraft is cleared for clearance by ATC!;----------------------------------------------------------------------; 3dFX Voodoo 5;----------------------------------------------------------------------[0000121a:00000009]DXTn=1MultiTexture=1TexGen=1Simple solution to not having to purchase that GForce graphics card?As a last word, this worked for me but naturally I cannot gaurantee it is a fix for everbody who may encounter this particular problem -however it is a good place to start looking!!Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.