Sign in to follow this  

How to stop flickering gorund textures in addon sceneri

Any ideas? Specifically, I'm wondering about the ground around Bill Maloney's Stone Mountain.Win XPGF3 Ti200Detonator 40.71 (I'm not too attached, though)

Same problem. the moutain is ok but the new immediate surrounding scenery flickers strongly.Beyond the immediate scenery, tbe other Atlanta scenery is ok.Bill Molony has done a great job. Thanks, Bill !!!Any sugestions to make Stone Moutain flickers stop will be welcome.FrankWIN XP ProGF3 Ti500 P4 2.2Ram 1 GDetonator 40.41

Guest Lindy

I've got the same thing.... same scenery (Stone Mountain). I've told Bill about it. Apparently he is aware from some others but he's not sure what's causing it. At his suggestion, I've tried moving the scenery around in the Scenery Library list, but nothing seems to help.It would really be nice if some fix could be found...... the scenery (what I can see of it) really looks like it would be awesome. -Lindy :-wave Win 98SE/320 mg RAM/full install of FS2K2/GEForce 2 Ti card/nVidia drivers WHQL (or whatever!)

If this scenery was built for FS2000 then it can only be fixed by the author. He will have to amend the macros.RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi folks,I am very aware that some people are experiencing problems with "flickering" in the scenery surrounding Stone Mountain. Apparently only a fairly small percentage of people are having this problem. I get a little bit of that flickering even on my system but it is very minimal at most--certainly not any where near the extent others have reported.As mentioned in the ReadMe file, the scenery was designed specifically for FS2K2 and I used GMax to create it all.I have tried everything I know of to get rid of it but nothing has been successful so far. Some have reported considerable improvements if they change their video resolution in FS2K2 and/or in Windows but even those results have been spotty at best.I too would appreciate any ideas anyone has to offer.Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)