Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliff

How can I enter an airport ID into the GPS?

Guest cliff

I'm stumped. It's probably so easy but I can't crack it. To fly direct to an airport using the GPS I press the button between MODE and MENU.That brings a window giving: TypeIDName.Fine. But how do I change that information to what I want? Nothing I do seems to make those changes.Cliff

Use the arrows. Clicking on them will navigate you through the lines and letters.

Guest cliff

Listen Shrink, you're frustrating me no end. I thought I had a nice little problem with the GPS but you've thrown a Red Herring at me by making me try to remember my Latin from way back.Going onto one of the Net translation sites isn't any help either!But I'll crack it sooner or later. To get even I could try my Afrikaans on you (I'm originally from Cape Town but now settled near the coast in Spain) but that's too easy for you to solve.Getting back to the GPS I've tried using the arrows (as explained in the Help section of FS2002)but I must be doing something wrong. All they achieve is to offer different airports one at a time. Let me be specific. If I'm on the runway at Meigs and want to fly to ORD how the heck do I enter ORD into the GPS?

Guest cliff

Shrink your "In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni".............My memory is tugging at me..................how about something like "Going around in circles wearing myself out"????Cliff

Guest MiguelSantos

If you don't know yet, I'll try to explaine:Use the down button at GPS 2 or 3 times (I can't remember) until the cursor stops at the first letter, and then with the right button on GPS scroll through the alphabet and stops at the desire letter. Then down button again to the next letter and so on.Hope it helped.

Guest cliff

Miguel thanks for making sure I understand.It's a clumsy, slow method but at least now I know what to do.I appreciate your help.Cliff