Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

How to change ILS position?

I'm using the UK2000 Part 3 scenery package for my local aiport at Manston. However, there's a problem with the ILS - if you follow the glideslope it brings the aircraft down well short of the runway threshold.Is there any way I can edit the scenery to reposition the ILS?Cheers.

Guest MiguelSantos

Yes,You can do it with AFCAD. Open the desire airport and in the view menu select the navaids option so you can view all navaids at the airport, or open the Navaids list to see all available. Select and change ot's properties.The ILS is suposed to be at the end of the runway. If it's there, try to check the degrees for the glideslope.Hope it helped.

Hmm I was there last Sunday and didn't notice a problem, must be my flying :-lol Have you tried e-mailing Gary about the problem?

I change ILS data using a nice free utility called easynavs...I think it was intended for FS2000 but it works O.K. for FS2002 as well.RegardsP.D. With AFCAD you can get that the ILS shows up in the GPS screen,and that

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the programme you mentioned and tried to open the file called "p3ils.bgl" in my UK2000P3 scenery folder, but it won't open the file.There's definitely a problem with the ILS at Manston. I originally purchased this scenery when I was using FS2000, and I had the same problem then. I'm now using the FS2002 version and the glideslope still brings me down short of the runway.Vulcan, can you give it a quick go and see if you have the same problem? It's runway 28, the ILS freq is 111.75 and the localiser course is 284.I'll try emailing the author to see if he can fix it. Otherwise I'm just going to have to continue flying one dot above the glideslope at Manston...Cheers.

Nick,Sorry for the delay, this thread got lost in all the others :-) Just given Manston a go and you are correct, if you follow the g/s you do end up short.The reason I landed OK on Sunday was that I did a visual and if you use the VASI/PAPI lights you come in OK.I am just doing battle my self with what I though may be a problem with Gary's Manchester airport, I recently realised I was getting a back-course indication for Rwy24R.Whoever I have uninstalled his scenery and the fault is still there, now to go a huntin' x( Just a thought, do you get the same problem if you uninstall Gary's scenery, if so that shows the problem is in FS2k2 and Gary's scenery.Best of luck.