Sign in to follow this  
JETninja

WOW - Busiest sky I ever hade in FS2K2

I played with my traffic AI this week and holy moly the sky's were never that busy in fs2k2Landing on 23 at Toronto cyyz - look at the holding point-KLM on to SchipholTraffic on to runway 23 for takeoff to Boston and Tel AvivGIDI :-yellow1

Guest JohnN

Hi Gidi,What do you mean by "Played with my Trafic AI"? Just exactly what did you do? I get lots of AI radio dialog, but rarely see any planes on the field and almost never get to respond, "Aircraft In Sight".John

Guest Twister

Hi Gidi,Could you be more specific ? We'd love to hear what you did with your AI settings !Take careTwister

After decompiling the traffic bgl with ttoolI modified every percentage line in the FlightPlans.txt from what ever to over 90%BeforeAC#2,N31152,14%,8Hr,IFR,01:17:42,03:19:49,140,F,9222,ZSFZ,05:17:39,07:19:45,130,F,9223,ZKPYAfter AC#2,N31152,94%,8Hr,IFR,01:17:42,03:19:49,140,F,9222,ZSFZ,05:17:39,07:19:45,130,F,9223,ZKPYNext I modified the airplane in that FlightPlan according to the airplane reg in the Aircraft.txt from the ttool.For instance I took AC#2136,460,"PAI B752 DAL OC" And modified the FlightPlan BeforeAC#2,N31152,94%,8Hr,IFR,01:17:42,03:19:49,140,F,9222,ZSFZ,05:17:39,07:19:45,130,F,9223,ZKPYAfter AC#2136,N31152,94%,8Hr,IFR,01:17:42,03:19:49,140,F,9222,ZSFZ,05:17:39,07:19:45,130,F,9223,ZKPYThen I recompiled with the ttool and that

you guys urgently need to check out the following site:www.projectai.com

Guest united777

LOL, I once had to wait 45 minutes to get take off clearance @ KORD with ONLY 50% of UA Project AI traffic, and no I didn't purposely cut to the front. I don't want to know what 100% would look like..lol!"... AND I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"[b/]

Guest JamesJ

This is cheating, I guess but you can see a lot of traffic backup at a busy airport by just positioning yourself on the end of the active runway and ignoring everything for a while, then taxi out of the way and watch..JamesJ

Hi!Well, it looks like edos pics are taken at Frankfurt/Main (EDDF). Compared with the real airport there is much too little traffic in FS2k2, even if traffic is set to "ultra-high".I think, I

Guest Edam

Even better would be to check out the suggestion by Seba.

>Even better would be to check out the suggestion by Seba. I've got to second that one.Getting rid of "Orbit 552 heavy" and "Some Crappy Air 122" from the default AI traffic in favor of something from PAI was probably the best move I've ever made in regard to traffic.Nice to have a wide variety of traffic on reasonably frame-friendly visual models.Of course, that's just my $0.02.

Gidi,Maybe I got you wrong, but your percentage settings in the AI flight plans do not make sense to me, because changing to a HIGHER percentage actually means LESS traffic!Explanation:In FS2002 there is a menue (I think its options/settins/ATC) where you can set, whow much AI traffic you want. e.g. if the value there is set to 100 % the ALL AI traffic will show up, no matter which percentage value is written in the specific AI flightplan.If the value in the ATC menue is set to 50 % only the AI flights will operate, which have values between 1 and 50 % written into their flightplan.This means if your setting in the ATC menue is, let's say 60 (%), all flightplans which have a percentage of 61 - 100 % will NOT show up. For your given example this means:>Before>AC#2,N31152,14%,8Hr,IFR,01:17:42,03:19:49,140,F,9222,ZSFZ,05:17:39,07>:19:45,130,F,9223,ZKPYAbove flight will show up on any ATC menue setting between 14 and 100, whereas the following flight will ONLY show up if the ATC menue setting is between 94 an 100.>After >AC#2,N31152,94%,8Hr,IFR,01:17:42,03:19:49,140,F,9222,ZSFZ,05:17:39,07>:19:45,130,F,9223,ZKPYAnd unless you options/settings/ATC is not at 94 % or higher your second flight will not show up, but only the original one with 14 %.And assuming your options/settings/ATC is at 94 % or higher, then the changing of the AI flight plan was not necessary, because the 15 % plane will also operate at this high setting.Conclusion:to have a busy sky, you just have to set the value at the options/settings/ATC menue to 100. No complicated edding of AI traffic files, no compiling and decompiling is necessary.RegardsWolfgang

well,I think many people don't realise why PAI is so big deal.I have all official packages installed=>very framerate-friendly models and it's so unbelievable realistic

I agree. I install all of their released packages, and the released from other other authors accad files so the airports get populated. (ProjectAI adds the aircraft, liveries, and schedule. Still need to add ramps)I was #5 inline at KSFO with 5 inbounds on final. Spent 20 minutes waiting my turn.And PAI is so easy! Auto installs...works right the first time.Great fun!