Sign in to follow this  

Frolov's Dash 8...Sorry , Just not willing to .....

Guest Louis

I have to agree with Wallace, i have 3 pages of real sop's and she works real good . the only trouble i have is i run out of trim prior to touch down. I fly with cva [Canadian virtual airlines] and one of the guys in the club fixed a lot of gauges to be more readable so i'm real happy with it.And my kid flew one with Air Nova and flying by numbers she's right on. Louis

> I have to agree with Wallace, i have 3 pages of real >sop's and she works real good . the only trouble i have is i >run out of trim prior to touch down. Hmm-- I don't seem to have this trouble -- what are your settings on final approach and landing. I come in at 120 knots , flaps 15 .Barry

Guest wkzzo

Barry I also fly the final at 120kts flaps 15, I also have to use full elevator deflection on the flare, I dont run out of trim though.It could be something to do with my elevator effectivness setting under the fs menu. I may have to bump it up some.

Guest Louis

My oh my the last thing i want to do is give up on this Dash, i just love it but i keep running out of trim and it's not that i don't have experience.I'm flying by the real sop's---7 mi from airport 158knts or less gear down flaps 15 at 148 rpm-1050--- app. 120knts until 500 ft.agl and reduce to vref around 95 knts and this is where it all goes to heck i run out of trim and i'm out of ideas.Louis

Louis, I know there's a solution to your trim problem - I remember reading about it here on this forum.I'll hunt for it, but in the mean time, does anyone out there remember it?Ken PetersCYVRPS Louis, hello from CVA487!

Guest Dakota

That is what is so great about FS2002. It appeals to the die hard people that want a plane you have to go through a 100 hrs of flight school to learn to fly or the easier to fly planes like the great dash 7 that we enjoy. I agree that this dash 8 is not for everyone, but does every plane have to be for everyone! Find the planes you love and realize some pilots love the others too. Leave it that. We all have our own levels of wanting the balance between fun and realism and we look for the planes that give that. As long as we enjoy flying in our virtual world isn't that the goal. :-yellow1

>That is what is so great about FS2002. It appeals to the die >hard people that want a plane you have to go through a 100 >hrs of flight school to learn to fly 100 hours of flight school to learn how to FLY this airplane !!! RIDICULOUS!!! It took me that long to figure out how to start the engines -- but then again, I AM a slow learner!! :)Barry