Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul_W

FS2004 Wish List

Guest sidewinder

I wana see the flight dynamics improved(I feel microsoft are neglecting this part), realistic ground handling, realistic ATC, realistic weather and lots of eye candy :-)

Guest WorkingStiff

I'm actually curious whether the poster has some sort of influence with the FS2004 development team or if this is just a speculative exercise.It's already October 1992, and if Microsoft adheres to its normal schedule FS2004 will be released in late summer/early fall of 2003.Maybe I'm just a skeptic but I don't see how just sending in a "wish liet" to Microsoft at this late date will have any measurable impact. I'm pretty sure that by now Microsoft would have made most of the decisions on what features will be in the new product release.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN........................

More realistic tracking of VORs in flightHuh? What the heck are you talking about??? I can track any VOR in FS2002 just like real life.Maybe you should try flying for real ;-)

I wana see the flight dynamics improvedand you have how many hours experience (real life) in the planes you say have unrealistic flight dynamics???

>I think the biggest thing lacking from FS2002, that for me >is just screaming out to be improved is the flight model >itself. It is realistic for control, but it would be nice if >they could make it somethig like X-plane where you really >feel like you are traveling through air, with all the little >bumps and nuances that happen when flying. FS2002 just seems >alittle too stable and sterile in that area. That more then >anything, along with all the other things FS2002 has going >for it, would provide imersion beyond disciption. Already solved!! Want to get the "feel" of flying an Archer, then get the Dreamfleet ArcherII. Want some nice spins and great side slips that beat X-Plane?.........then pickup RealAir Simulations SF260! And then to beat your head with bumps and nuances, "active camera" will do the trick!!L.Adamson

Guest ssurjap

Here's mine:1) Almost everyone's been wishing for this one: SIDs and STARs.2) I don't know how feasible this is, but the ability to look ahead to the destination weather (by reading FSMeteo's weather or downloading it on the fly) so Approach knows which runway is in use. I realize the weather can change from minute to minute, but it's annoying when Approach lines you up to a certain runway and then tower says you have to go to the other runway. If that's not possible, then at least, have tower hand you off to Approach so they can vector you and give you traffic advisories, or let me land on that runway without tower berating me for landing on the wrong runway (also see #4 below).3) As long as there's an operating tower/ground/approach, allow IFR clearance. Spokane International is a good example. I can never fly IFR to Boeing out of there, even though I've filed an IFR flight plan. It's always VFR, even in the middle of the night or even if there's 1000 foot ceiling.4) I don't know whether this happens a lot in real life, since I'm not a "real" pilot yet, but eliminate the traffic landing on the "wrong" runway only to have tower berate it. "You were not cleared to land, clear the runway."5) Have the AI traffic fly at the right altitudes. I've seen those guys fly at weird altitudes (such as FL300, FL320, FL340, etc.)6) Flight planner: This has been said in other topics, but the routes that it gives is way out of whack sometimes. It has me go to one waypoint then do a u-turn to get to the other waypoint. On the same note, I notice that if I manually put in the waypoints, it all reads DIRECT even though it's via a Jet route.

Guest Dakota

I am not saying that the flight dynamics are not realistic in FS2002. I think the controls work great and many of the planes handle close to the real thing a far as banking, accelaration, and in controling the plane.What I am saying is that when flying through the air in real planes, espeically in small planes, you have to constantly make small adjustments because of turbulance and such. That is not done well in FS2002. Real planes do not fly on a rail. The turbulance that is simulated in S2002 seems too mechanical and not random enough as in the real world. I want the feeling that I am truly in the air, not driving on a smooth road. I think that could be improved in FS2004.

Just a VERY few...- greatly improved flight dynamics- weather transitions, better turbulences, icing etc.- FMS, LNAV/VNAV and similar systems- overhead panels with all systems, including fuel dumping, fire handels etc.- improved system failures, eengine fires, blown tires etc....- GPWS- shaking VC- BETTER sounds for a/c, I don't think there's a neat 737 which sounds the same like the huge Trents of a 777- MUCH more in my mind and already sent to M$... ;-)Etienne :-wave

On the note of fire handles, why not include engine fires (and other emergency situation) - effects are now possible, so all that is needed is a trigger or something.

Alaister Kay

AMEN FOR FLIGHT MODELING!As much as I do love the realism -- i.e. moving ground vehicles, people, etc., they really are just eye-candy. Although MS excels in this, my flying and awareness is 100% in the cockpit, I would like to see the following: 1) Accurate flight dynamics! - MS seems to never improve this! 2) SID/STAR recognition with flight planning and ATC 3) Accurate weather layer creation and smooth transitionsI don't mine paying for add-ons that add FMC and TCAS functionality, but even the best addons are limited by the planner and flight dynamics shortcomings.MSFS has done well in reaching the vast majority. With the addition of these features, it could be considered a real tool for those of us that are more serious about learning.

1. The ability to add a leading zero to runway IDs. The entire rest of the world has leading zeros. eg. 07, not 72. Fix the water. It is the only thing that is absolutely pitiful in the sim. It no more looks like water than my dog does.3. Fix the model transparency issues.4. Have a/c display FM similiar in quality to the SF 2605. Fix the custom model/autogen problem of blank areas due to long custom models6. Place the ground tile name one is over in the on screen specs ( Shift Z )Enough for now.Hope someone at MS reads these posts..........http://members.rogers.com/jkanold/jimlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

I want better ground handling. like wet runways and icey runways. that would be cool. and much more complex systems in aircraft so that you realy need a checklist.I think the most important what they should do in fs2004 is a program to load you aircraft with passenges or cargo. Its cool to feel the difference when you are flying a empty plane or fully loaded. its stupid to do it in the aircraft.cfg to much work.