Sign in to follow this  
LN_OSS

New computer, problems with fs2k2, help needed !

Hi guys !i have some big problems, i have re installed my fs and windows xp many times now, but things wont work at all :( i got a error report almost every time i'm playing that says this files are included fs2002dw.cfg and dxdiag.what kind of a job does they have ?my sys specs arep4 2.533 ghz512 mb ramG4 Asus 4200 128mbwin xp

Stian,First of all, I'm sorry I can't help since I still use Windows98 and have no relevant XP knowledge.But, if you expect any helpfull reactions you should make some more effort yourself in describing the problem better. If this was on WIndows98, I wouldn't know were to start with suggestions....Like:- Which video driver and DirectX version ?- When does the problem occur: at FS startup, during flying, or what ?- What is the exact error you get, and how ? Popup box (WIndows error or FS2K2 error) or ... ?And Bumping a post after just one hour (especially when half the world (US continent) is still asleep, is a bit too much to ask :-)Regards, Rob

Guest Eagle92395

Stian, like Rob said, a little more info is needed. But, you can take some of that advice and try things on your own too. If you are using a Geforce based card, try updated to the 40.71 Detonator drivers or any of the other ones to see which is the most stable. Do a clean install of Directx 8.1 from Microsofts website. Maybe an older game you installed tried to install Dx 7.1 or something. Good luck!

First, is your computer stable outside of running FS2002. If not, you need to find out why the computer is not stable. When you installed WinXP, did you also install all the updated drivers for the controller chips, i.e., Intel, VIA, Sis, etc? How about the drivers for your sound, graphics card, modem, Network Interface Card. Have you installed all the Pre SP1 WinXP updates from Microsoft's websites. Have you installed WinXP SP1?Have you check to see if the system is overheating. Most modern BIOS have a temperature page. Are all the fans installed properly and running properly?You may also have problems with some of your RAM modules. Did you set up the BIOS or was it set for you? If you have more than one RAM stick, try removing one stick at a time to see if the problem disappears.Once you get your basic computer stable then try running fs2002 to see if the problems have disappeared

thanks guys !i think i have find my problem, things works better wthout win sp1 actually :)THANKSBestStian