Sign in to follow this  

Stuttering and IRQ sharing?????

Hi.I'm another disappointed member of FS2002 comunity.I also have problem with stuttering, but after I changed my old graphic card KyroII 4500 for Gainward TI/450 GS TI200 GF3.Before, my FPS was lower, but without stuttering.Today, whatever settings I have (default or high) FS2002 stutters especially when ATC speaks.I tried Detonators 28.xx,31.00, 40.xx, but without success.I notice that I have sharing of IRQs (IRQ3 for VGA, PCI128 SB, PCI modem, 2xUSB something, ACPI...).WinXP automatically set IRQs on that way.I need your opinion about that.Is it possible that KyroII is better than GF3 TI200???Or I have a conflict with some of my devices (WinXP said that there is no conflict????, but I read that all main devices VGA and Soundcard must not share IRQs.Is it possible that the problem is in Sound card Creative PCI128 ensonic.I installed latest drivers for WinXP.My config: AMD XP1500+ABIT KG7 MBO256DDRPCI128 Ensonic SBMotorola PCI modemGainward TI/450 GS TI200 Geforce340GB SeagateWinXP ProThanks in advance.Edinedin.hasanovic@zg.hinet.hrP.S. I tried to lower Sound acc. in Dxdiag but it stutters again (with lower intensity)

Edin,Have you tried to put the SB in another PCI slot ?The fact that WIndows reports that "there's no IRQ conflict" doesn't necessarily mean that HW sharing IRQ's will work together.Rob

Hi Rob.Thanks on prompt reply.Because the PC is under warranty, I'm not in position to open PC by myself.At the moment, my PC is on testing. Probably, they will try to change PCI cards (PCI SB is in slot 2, and modem is in slot 4)Is it possible that KYRO II is better with FS2002 than GF3 TI200???I need your opinion about this two cards.Have I made mistake with buying this card GF3 TI200???Thanks