Sign in to follow this  
FS Robert

Problem with: FS Flight Tracker version 5.1.0. PIC

Were you upgrading a previous installation? If so, the installation readme specifies that the old version must be completely uninstalled and the directory removed before installation of the new version. You can save any log files off to a safe place and then run a logfile conversion utility after the new installation, and previous registration is also preserved.AndyEGTR

Hi Andy,Thanks for the post!I did remove everything that had to do with FS Flight Tracker...at least I think. I will give it a good look through again. I did contact support at the site and waiting for there reply.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind Regardshttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav700_banner.gif

Vl3MQY.png

Robert,Yes, very hard to read but I think I can make out the word "Upgrade" on the screenshot. I don't think you are supposed to uninstall everything to do the upgrade. I got the full install so I uninstalled and deleted the FS Flight Tracker folder and the install worked fine and it didn't ask for the key.I would Imagine Mr. Lovell has responded by now anyway. I just thought I'd throw in a plug.Great program, almost "TMI" (too much information.) Customer service is excellent. I have corresponded several times with Mr. Lovell about some bugs in the earlier version and he always responded in less than 24 hours. I tried the LAGO version "FSLogbook" and didn't care for it so I tried FS Flight Tracker and in my opinion it is much, much better. You can manage the way you view the information anyway you want and the printing also.

Hi Pwen,Thanks for the reply. You are correct in saying: " Customer service is excellent " I got a reply in less then 30 minutes. Mr. Lovell corrected my problem by sending me a different installer program. I as you tried out FSLogbook and as you did not like it. LAGO is a very great company and I have three of there products, but FSLogBook did not fly with me...FS Flight Tracker did. It really is a great program and is perfect for my VA flying reporting. This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind Regardshttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav700_banner.gif

Vl3MQY.png