Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

sytem resources very low!

hi,I just saw under sytem properties-performance,that only 65% of my system resources are free?I guess this is not normal and so i think I'm currently having much less performance than I actually could get.what could be the cause?no anti-virus running,...could it be something from outsied (spyware or something like that?)any info appreciatedSebastian

Hi James,I now get 82%,which is much better,but is that normal or still too low?anyway,thanks for your help,appreciate it

Wow, I'd kill to have 82% of my system resources free while flying FS2002???I'd kill to have 65% free ;-))As far as I know this is normal, this game uses a lot of resources.

:-lol I was talking about my systerm resources when I'm just on the esktop of course :)

>hi, >I just saw under sytem properties-performance,that only 65% >of my system resources are free?I guess this is not normal >and so i think I'm currently having much less performance >than I actually could get.what could be the cause?no >anti-virus running,... >could it be something from outsied (spyware or something >like that?) You probably have a lot of programmes running in the background. Go here http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm and you can see a large list of processes and find out which ones of these (in your MSCONFIG) can be turned off. When using FS2002 , I turn off my virus Scanner in MSCONFIG and only have a maximum 6 processes running after this . This way I have 95% resources available before I startup FS2002. Somebody here said last week that they had 46 processes running while just in Desktop.Barry