Sign in to follow this  
Guest dek

Video settings....

Guest dek

hello all,I have some questions that have been on my mind for some time! Many of the video card settings can be set in at least 4 ways; thru the BIOS, the Nvidia control panel, various tweakers (I use RivaTuner) and thru FS2002 itself. An example would be anti-aliasing. This can be set in the Nvidia control panel, by tweakers, and by FS2002 itself.Which one does my computer listen too? Should I disable in all but one? Does it matter which one?Does it matter if these properties are set to the same settings in each?Does any of this hurt FS2002 performance?Thanks in advance,dek

Guest PhilC

Yeah, I'm curious... I just don't have an answer.

Guest gasebah

Hi,I think it is simply set by the last tool/setting you used, as they all directly read from and write to the registry, except FS2002. You can probably find out yourself.FS2002 setting: Is only working if you set "let application control AA settings" in the Nvidia control panel or any tweaker.Nvidia control panel: reads the registry when opened and shows the actual setting. When u change the actual setting it is set instantly.Tweaker: same as Nvidia control panel. However make sure that the tweaker is compatible to the driver version you use. Otherwise it may use the wrong registry settings.Nvidia and Tweaker settings other than "let application control AA" will override the FS2002 setting.Having said that and pretending that I understand something of the matter, the above is only soemthig I found out by experience. I have no real technical knowledge to back it up.The good thing of the 40s drivers is that you do not need any tweaker anymore, making the whole thing a lot less complicated.Alex

Alex,>The good thing of the 40s drivers is that you do not need >any tweaker anymore, making the whole thing a lot less >complicated. I have always set a negative LOD through RivaTuner. How can I set this with the control panel of the 40.71 drivers - I can't see any way to do this though as you say all other main things can be set without a tweek tool.BestKeith

Guest dek

Thanks for the responses. I guess many of these settings are set thru the registry, and once set it probably doesn't matter if other programs try to change it to the same thing.dek

Guest gasebah

Yes, you are right. I used aTuner to do it once and after that never touched it again.Alex