Sign in to follow this  
Guest Muppet22

Can anyone explain this?

Yeah, I haven't seen an answer here that has helped me yet with this problem although my scenery seems to take longer and longer to load, now it just comes in in squares like yours. All of the above suggestions sound good, but they have never really solved the problem with me either...I hope you find a solution ;-) Me too ;-)

I have a more simple suggestion....Rename FS2002.cfg to FS2002.bakStart FS2002, let it rebuild the .cfg file, then see how it performs (you might have to recheck extended textures if it's not rechecked already).I know some third-party aircraft can cause texture sluggishness.... But what you show in your shot is more likely some problem in the .cfg. As for your system not being able to keep up, it's a heck of a lot faster than mine (p3-800) and I leave my fps maxed at 25. Only time I've seen something like your shot is when some app is running in the background, or I've task-switched out of FS2002 for a while.If my above suggestion doesn't work, delete fs2002.cfg and rename the old one....and hopefully someone else will come along and offer a better suggestion.-John

Tom says "OF LATE, I HAVE BEEN GETTING A LINE"Was this problem there before and when did it exactly start?Jinesh.

Guest Muppet22

It started about 2 weeks ago, and the first time I've encountered blurriness on such an extreme scale :-)

Yea, I have gotten this over the last few weeks as well. It sucks. I have a P IV 2.0ghz with 512MB RAM and a GeForce Ti4600 128MB card on Win XP Home and I get those squares as well. Wish someone had a solution. I am gonna try to rename the cfg file and see what that does.

Eric 

Guest gasebah

Stamatis,especially at this altitude the textures near to the plane are very crisp and sharp, or should I say should be. If they are not the system does not keep up. But I only found out about this after I upgraded to a GF4Ti4600. Honestly, even with my system, if you want to enjoy FS2002 at its nicest graphics quality you have to get in a slow plane and fly around 7000 to 15000 feet. At least if you have all that stuff running in the background and fly those sophisticated 3rd party payware planes.Alex

Guest Stamatis

"especially at this altitude the textures near to the plane are very crisp and sharp, or should I say should be."Ah, I see what you mean. And I also see why I haven't noticed what you are saying. The explanation is very simple: If you have setup your panel.cfg to provide a realistic perspective of the Cockpit View, then at FL350 you only start to see the ground ahead of you at a distance which is around 20 nm ahead of you aircraft position. Pure trigonometry will tell you why this is so. Hence, no wonder I don't get to see these crisp textures you are talking about. They are there underneath me, but to see them I have to bend forward and look down from my seat :-)Stamatis

Guest Muppet22

I have a suspicion it maybe the 40.XX series of drivers.Just off to try the 30.30 series and will report back!

Guest Muppet22

Same result with the 30 series.Tried all sorts of things with the new 40.72's new out today, but still same as you can see on the screenshot - jeez this bugs me!

Is it mip-mapping? Have you accidently turned it off?Jinesh.

Guest Muppet22

I haven't no, it is on!

Guest Stamatis

John,Did you try the suggestion of rebuilding your FS2002.cfg file from scratch? It sounds like good advice to me.Stamatis

Happened to me since day one, I didn't even know it was a "bug". In any case, I blame nvidia, their drivers have gone down the toilet ever since they focused on speed and not quality.

Guest Muppet22

I've also tried deleting the fs2002 config file