Sign in to follow this  

Airplane not showing

This is my first posting and hope that someone can help me with my problem. I load aircrafts and some showed and most of them does not showed. I know I have to check with title in Aircraft Cfg. I have no idea what to check exactly. Please if there is anyone that can help me, let me know.Thank youAlalan@fundy.net

Hello Alan,This is a very common problem and can happen when one of the elements of the aircraft is not present.1) Please check that the missing aircraft have an aircraft.cfg and an air file, and that the following folders are present and have something in them: model, texture, panel, sound.or2)Some aircraft do not have all the elements, but reference and use elements from other aircraft. Often, an aircraft will use the panel or sound from a default aircraft. If that default aricraft is not present, then your aircraft will not appear in the list. Please check whether your missing aircraft are trying to use the panel or sound from another aircraft by going to the sound or panel folder and reading the sound.cfg or panel.cfg files (they open with Notepad.)3) By the same token, many aircraft state that they will only work with the Professional edition of Flight Simulator. This is because they reference panels or sounds of aircraft that are only present in the Professional Edition. If you do not have the Professional edition, this may be your problem.Best regards.Luis

Guest Heather 636

G'Day AlLuiz covered some very good points and beat me to the draw while i was looking up something else.You might wish to take a look at this tutorial as well; ESPECIALLY if you have multiple aircraft of the same type but of different liveries (i.e; using the same air and cfg file data).http://avsim.com/alaska/alaska_002.htmIf you go to this site, in the lower right portion of the web page is a link that will download a tutorial on multi-plane installation of the same type into the same, or one, folder.This is what I do with a lot of mine, since I have nine DC-3's, and many others like that.Good luck.Heather

Guest Jeff S KDTW

Heather -You need to do something about those Vargas girls in your signature. Every time I see you post, I stop for a second and "look." :-) My wife is going to get mad at me. ;-)What is it about guys and cartoon women? :-lol That's the reason why that movie, "Roger Rabbit" was so popular! :-lolRegards,http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jsnyder99/sigs/gaphoto.jpg | [LINK:www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?photographersearch=Jeffrey%20L.%20Snyder&distinct_entry=true|AIRLINERS.NET PHOTOS] [link:www.biblegateway.com/bgaudio/english/NIV/Max%20McLean/RM/bgaudio.pl?selection=1|AUDIO BIBLE] ] JEFF_S_KDTW@YAHOO.COM[/font

Guest Heather 636

G'Day Jeff!Well, well. I certainly would not wish for you to get into trouble with your wife. Of course, you can always tell her that all of those Vargas girls would now be at least in their eighties.So, after today, in the interests of maintaining domestic harmony, I will no longer post any pretty women with my signature like the Vargas girls or Jessica Rabbit

or the sultry likes of "Holli Wood" from Cool World

Nope! I'm no home-wrecker. From now on it will be nothing but nice wholesome images of sweet little old ladies.

http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/...h42/oldlady.jpg:-lolOf course, since this was your idea of my removing the Vargas girl from my signature for the sake of the well-being of all marriages and families, I certainly would not wish to take credit for it. I will be sure that everyone knows that their mental well-being is all because of you. Isn't that nice?.............And of course Jeff, I hope you know that I am only teasing.:-lolOf course, I could always put that photo of the old woman on the side of a new DC-3 repaint and call it the China Clipper. No?Cheers!Heather

Guest Jeff S KDTW

Thanks y'all for teh good advised. I will tried what you guys said. Appreciate it.Al