Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

DELL XPS Systems

Guest Badger

Hello All.I'm trying to find out ANY news on the release date for the DELL XPS system in the UK.I've sent several e-mails to their UK customer support and they haven't replied to any!They advertise on nearly all the on-line Flight Sim sites and I really like the spec of the XPS box, but why is it only available in America?Does anyone know someone from DELL that can give me an idea of how long I'll have to wait. My P1.4 really can't show me everything FS9 can do and its REALLY frustrating :(RegardsMark

Guest Max Cowgill

Mark, XPS is not a specific computer, it is a line of computers that Dell builds. The XPS line has been around for several years, since the days of the Pentium II if I recall correctly. What are the specs of the particular model you're referring to? If you know the specs, I'll see what I can do to track down an availability date in the UK for you.-Max Cowgill

Thanks for getting back to me Max,I'm referring to the new XPS system that DELL released in the US about 3 months ago.Its on their US web site now under desktops. The Specs are:PIV 2.8+ Ghz i.e. it goes up to 3.2 at the moment. (I'm after 3.2)Caterwood Motherboard i.e. 800 Mhz FSBI would order 1GB of mem2x 120 SATA Hard drives at RAID 0 (total 240 GB)128Mb ATI RADEON videoSB Audigy 2 Sound Card4x DVD R/RW48 x CR/RW ROM56K Telephony ModemXP PRo20" Flat PanelThe whole thing comes in a workstation chassis, although it blue and not grey.(I've already looked at ordering a workstation instead, but the current UK spec doesn't have an 800 Mhz FSB motherboard)The spec's above are similar for the UK normally, just described in a different way.I'd appreciate any help you can offer.RegardsMark

Guys, this thread is not really appropriate to the Letters to the Editors. How about moving it over to the hardware forum? I am locking it down.