Sign in to follow this  

Flickering runways !!!

Hi,In fs2002, on any airport, default or not, the runway flickers just in front of the plane so that the terrain below is visible. Sometimes it appears only when the aircraft has enough speed.I have a geforce3 with detonator drivers but this problems occurs with any driver.Any idea ?Thanks

This fix seems to be for aprons if I trust the description of the file. I have the problem for runways. But thanks since it doesn't prevent me to try it.But so does it mean that everyone see flashing runway in front of the aircraft ?Thanks

A lot of people have this problem. Seems to be a FS2K2 bug, only visible on some PC configurations.Remedy (works for most people, including me !):In menu Options-Settings-Display, tab Hardware: uncheck the Transform & Lightning box.Rob

Thanks a lot. Will try that when at home.

Guest cwright

Rob, this solution works for me. The only difference is that after unchecking and running FS for a second I then re-enable T&L. I have to do this at the beginning of each session. Come to think of it, though, I'm not sure if I see any difference between T&L on and off! Of course, the *real* solution would be a patch from Microsoft, as this is quite a common problem. But no, I'm dreaming - Microsoft haven't been interested in fixing defects in their flight simulators for several years now. Best regards, Chris

Just to set the record straight, that's an nvidia bug, not an FS2002 bug. It doesn't happen with the 9700.

Guest TerryT

I thought someone had said the problem was due to various elevations being read throughout an airport's sceenery file and not peoples hardware (video cards. It seems that when I fly in the "Flat land" airports, I have no problems but when there are a lot of terrain changes like on the around the world flight, I do get some bleed through on the ramp areas.Terry

I suffered from the same problem with my GTS64 card. Flashing runways, etc. I've went to all the places I had problems before that I could remember and they are no longer a problem. The rest is a conclusion?

Terry,The problem that you describe is a different problem, which can be solved which Flatten statements.What the original poster described, cannot be solved with Flattens.Rob