Sign in to follow this  

aircraft doing financial services??

could someone explain how this works?in other words what im trying to find out is, i read about real charter companies, etc that go around and collect financial reports, bank deposits, etc, and then take them where?? to a major bank somewhere? and do they services like one huge large company that would have offices at several locations? or a bunch of small companies?any help would be great, I would like to try simulate this flying the routes in 2k2ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

im not exactly sure what it is your asking. your subject sais "aircraft doing financial services". people do financial services not aircraft..lolif your asking about keeping track of your virtual flight costs or whatever then try getting prices from the companies sites. fuel, landing fees, hangar fees, other airport fees, flight service fees, etc.. etc..its a long list of stuff.or are you talking about sending those reports via air frieght? doesnt really need to be a charter. it can be but doesnt have to be. almost any airline will deliver mail to the postal service

LOL, no what i meant was i read about this one guy a r/w pilot who lives in aulstralia who took his plane every day - in the afternoon i think and went to small airports to collect bank deposits and then flew them back to some major city to have them deposited.maybe i just answered my own question, i guess i just want more details for something like the above.ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Brian,That kind of thing happens all the time here in the US. Charter services will run late night flight delivering cancelled checks, or whatever from one city to the next.

BrianThere was a Partenavia which used to Fly out of the UK every night to collect newspapers.The poor pilot had to battle in the middle of the night in all weather.The same goes for organ transplant collections and deliveries.I even met some pilots at my home airfield who had flown down to Malaga and back (2000 nm round trip)to pick up a corpse of a holiday maker who had a heart attack on holiday.They had a corpse as company and told me that the corpse was making funny sounds as the unpressurised aircraft changed levels enroute :-(So there are many such missions flown in smaller aircraft every dayPeter

thanks guys thats just exactly what i was looking for. I know this may seam silly but i have a hard time flight simming without some "purpose" and yes i belong to a VA but the Va i belong to is more like a virtual flight company that allows its pilots to "contract" its own flights out.so i guess any town/airport pretty much could go along with this "story".?? i think so.ciao!Brian Shttp://www.davis-familysite.com/alex/vfo/

Ciao!

In the US, banks need their daily paperwork such as deposits, checks and ATM transactions sent to central processing centers that service a broad geographic area. This transport is often contracted to Part 135 cargo outfits that fly aircraft such as Navajos, Caravans, and Twin Cessnas. Typically, an evening route will run through several small towns, collecting "bank bags" from the local branch sent to the local airport via courier. At the airport that serves the processing center, they are offloaded. In the morning, the process is repeated in the opposite direction, with a large onload and then offloads at each of the small communities. Whether there is actually any cash being carried, I do not know. However, I will say that certain banks would meet the aircraft with a helicopter and men who looked like they had uzis underneath their coats to receive the take.There is another type of bank run. Those are the runs for the Feds. Those would typically be aircraft such as Learjets that would run through major cities picking up material to deliver to locations where there were Federal Reserve Banks.Outfits in the US that do this sort of stuff include Ameriflight, Airnet and Flight Express. These are the largest.

talking about corpses. last week America West transported two corpses (not in the same day). was really weird downloading them from the airbuses. i thought they would be coming in cascuts or something. but they were in cardboard boxes. i almost was too freaked out to pick the boxes up in fear that id break the boxes or let it fall..lolthats gotta be the weirdest stuff ive downloaded off an aircraft so far. well. all for that one time there were a few hunters onboard and they brung a dear head in the belly. that scared the ##### out of me when i opend that door..lol

My flight instructor explained it to me when i was working on my private. Within the United States, all the deposited checks have to be transported at the end of the business day from the local banks to the Federal Reserve bank in Philladelphia. Obviously this requires a huge ammount of aircraft in order to do this every night. Therefore, there are federal contracts available for part 121 (i think it's 121, don't quote me on that) operations to bid on. For example, my flight school ran a nightly run from 4B8 (outside Hartford, Connecticut), up to Albany and then down to Philly in a Beech Debonair every night. Other operations in the region will also make a run directly into Philladelphia. Off the east coast, the regional runs in the GA planes will end up in a major terminal like SFO, LAX, DEN, DFW etc and be put on a red-eye flight to Philly as cargo. He told me that these runs were done in things as small as 4 place Cessnas all the way up to Lears and the like. These runs are a good way for young commercial pilots to earn flight time without having to instruct as long as they don't mind flying until 2am every night. Hope this helps-Rob

Brian,I did some work for a freight company here in Brisbane, Australia a while ago and one of their daily contracts is bank runs. They collect whatever it is that banks exchange daily from the branches around the city with courier vehicles in the late afternoon (called bank runs) and then airfreight the packages in bulk to various places around the country. I guess the reverse happens early the next morning delivering packages to the branches.One company here that handles the airfreight side of the operation is Jetcraft Aviation using a fleet of Metro III's. Some of the destinations from Brisbane are Bankstown, Sydney, Melbourne, Rockhampton, Mackay and Townsville. Those flights typically start at around 8:00pm out of Brisbane and I've heard (on the scanner listening to the ATC frequencies) flights arriving into Rockhampton and Mackay between 1:00am and 4:00am in the morning.I'd imagine there would be quite a few flights between the capital cities each night with a lesser number to regional destinations.There would probably be some of this work done by the normal airfreight operators too, eg Australian Air Express using BAE-146 freighter aircraft and a Boeing 727.That should give you some realism to play around with.RegardsAdrian

Back when I worked for Eastern in Atlanta, we had an Airbus that was the first flight out of San Juan after one of the hurricanes. It came in late at night and I got stuck going back to the loose load bin (non container bin in the aft of the plane) to unload. Well, I open the door and there are 5 coffin boxes in there. Of course I had to drive them down to the air freight facility, in the dark on a rainy night, talk about a weird feeling.