Sign in to follow this  
Guest tgabriel

My first flight, Thanks Microsoft and FSNavigator 4.5

I just did my first flight in an Cessna 172 for real, My wife got me a certifacate for a free flight with an flight instructor. I've been in airplanes befor but not at the controls. I have about 600 hours in MSFS 98' 2000 2002. I told the instructor about it and he wanted to see what I knew. I've talked to other pilots about the FS series but didn't get much respect it's seems that they think it just was a computer game. I've read the ground school and have taken some lessons on FS series. So back to the story, he put me in the left seat and we taxied out and said OK it's yours and off we went and I was so nervous. We reached rotate speed and I pulled back the yoke and we are off very smoothly and as I realized that I was realy flying the plane man it was awesome. We flew over the local lake about 5000'. He seem to be suprised that I knew the NAV frequencies and how to find my way around. Thanks FVnav 4.5 for that. We flew for about an hour befor we came for the approach and landing, he said that he would have to land the plane :) but I talked him thru it. Thanks again Microsoft it is for real and I never been in front of a real plane befor but have looked in them at air shows, but I knew my way around. Scot Mason Rogers, Arkansas

Guest tgabriel

Ok, Scot, next step is to sign up for the whole shootn' match. Get your PPL and then just drive around in the sky as long as you are healthy enough to do so. Don't wait - do it now. Tomorrow will be here before you know it. You had one thrill today flying, but that does not even come close to the feeling you will have after you rotate on your first solo.:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-lol