Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jaaky

FSUIPC V2.91 Available, Feature For Helping Clouds.

Hi, I have talked to Peter to add this feature,the clouds height individual for cumulus and thunderstorm now, before this version, when you restrict the clouds height, it was for both cumulus and thunderstorm, not too much realistic. Cumulus should not exceed 7000 feet (6500, but for some technical, it's better 7000), (you can set this limit to 9 000 if you want)Thunderstorm can go from 0 to 39 000, but it is better to restrict the clouds height to near 15 000 feet.Those feature will help and almost fixed the stretched clouds when they are too much high in feet.http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlThanksChris Willis

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Great Idea... I'm also hoping for the graduated visibility to be corrected in 2.91... I'm having to use 2.89 still.Is 2.91 due soon?:-)Pete

oh dear... I feel foolish... I'll get my coat:-)Pete

Hooray .. I'm Happy now...Thanks pete!!!:-)Pete

What MS needs to do next time, is program the engine to allowanother set of cumulus clouds, which look proportionally correctfor heights 15000' - 30000'. Surely that can't be beyonda their capabilities.Peter Sydney Australia

Oh yes.. too difficult. I asked during beta stage for a fly by camera and that was too difficult to do.Johan

Can I first say a big thank you for FSUIPC Peter - a masterpiece that just gets better and better.On my FS2K2 setup I set cloud thickness to 7000 and Thunder clouds to 15000 but on reboot FSUIPC always reverts back to clouds 15000 and Thunder clouds to 10000 - I have checked all documentation but can't find anthing I may have done to make this happen.Any suggestions please?Win XP Pro, AMD2100+,A7V333,512mbPC2700,GeForce3 TI200 128mb.

Interesting.... I set clouds to 5000 and thunder to 7000.... on reboot clouds stay at 5000 but thunder goes back to 10000..hmmm...:-)Pete

Yep, got some wires crossed I'm afraid. Values appear to be written out correctly to FSUIPC.INI (I checked), but when restarting the thunderstorm value is read into the normal clouds value, and the T-storm value reset to 10000. This change gets written out to the .INI again, so if you change nothing, after the NEXT reboot they are both at 10000.BTW I've E-mailed Peter about this.

Guest Jaaky

Hi Martin and Hermit...So... did the problem get solved ???

Guest Jaaky

>Not yet, watch for v2.92 Thanks,