Sign in to follow this  

LAGO's HNL

Thinking of buying it. What kind of fps do you think I'd get?FS settings: everything almost maxed1.7 Ghz Pentium 4512 MB SDRAMGeforce 4 Ti4200 128MB Running 64-bit AF and 4xS AAIntel D845HV moboThanks,Greg_________________________ "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"-Leonardo Da Vinci

Greg;On my OC'd 2.0Ghz w 512Mb of PC800 RDRAM and Geforce4 Ti4600 I get between 14 and 20fps (locked at 20fps). It drops to 14 when I am viewing the AI aircraft at the gate. However, it is more than flyable and is pretty smooth IMHO.The only stupid thing that Lago did was include an AI installer that deletes (yes DELETES) all of your previously installed AI at PHNL and inserts only a few Hawaiian and Aloha aircraft. The stupidity is that I have custom global flights set up and before installation had AA, DL, CO, US and UA in addition to the Aloha and Hawaiian already there. After installation, they are all gone except the custom aircraft :-fume. I have also heard reports of some people loosing ALL (yes ALL) their AI traffic, but I have not experienced this personally.In any account execept for the AI craft it is a pretty nice package and worth the money. It is also supported nicely by Lago.HTH,Mike T.

Thanks. What are your FS settings?Greg_________________________ "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"-Leonardo Da Vinci

Everything is maxed except:Cloud thickness:80Visibility:80 milesI have anti-aliasing off because of the problem between WinXP SP1 and FS2002 (menu meltdown). Regards,Mike T.

Mike,>The only stupid thing that Lago did was include an AI >installer that deletes (yes DELETES) all of your previously >installed AI at PHNL and inserts only a few Hawaiian and >Aloha aircraft. This is done by design, and there is a reasoning behind that. The airport scenery is so fast that the AI traffic is the only thing remained being able to slow it down ( with AI disabled, it runs over 40-50 fps ), especially if the models are not done to be AI frame rate friendly, that is, GMax in multiple resolutions levels and not as detailed like the normal user airplanes. Since we cannot anticipate what kind of AI models someone could have chosen for AI use at PHNL, we didn't want to risk to have people complaining of the frame rate not being as good as advertized. Keep in mind, also, that only a very small percentage of our users is able or willing to customize their traffic, and, for those that already know how to use the available tools, it shouldn't be much of a problem doing it again to restore their preferred schedule.>The stupidity is that I have custom global >flights set up and before installation had AA, DL, CO, US >and UA in addition to the Aloha and Hawaiian already there. >After installation, they are all gone except the custom >aircraft :-fume. I really don't see a big problem here. The program do not delete any models, it just replaces the existing schedule at PHNL only. I don't know what program you used to create your own schedule but, all the management utilities I know use TTools, and they usually decompile the existing schedule into flightplans.txt file in their home directory, in that case, a copy of your previous schedule, with all your customizations, should have been there, ready to be compiled again.The only exception would be if your traffic management utility of choice deletes flightplans.txt after it runs but in this case, you should already had a manual backup of your stuff, because you are going to need it anyway, in case you want to reinstall FS2002.>I have also heard reports of some people >loosing ALL (yes ALL) their AI traffic, but I have not >experienced this personally. I don't see how this could happen, except for a very unusual event, like a PC lockup or a power failure in the very moment the traffic gets compiled and installed. But this could happen when using every AI management utility, then. The AI installation only replaces flights operating in and out of PHNL, everything else is left intact.best regards,