Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Debonair - Missing HSI Gauge

Can anyone provide some assistance?I have been flying the wonderful Debonair for some time, and have looked forward to using it with the much aclaimed virtual cockpit by James Eden. I have as instructed, installed the Debonair Main file, the B33 Panel patch, and the Reality XP Autopilot Upgrade, and have successfully installed the Virtual Cockpit. It all works OK but for the non appearance of the HSI compass gauge. Before installation I deleted all the Model folders, the Aircraft .cfg and the Texture folders. I am at a loss to know why I have mislaid this instrument.Any advice very welcome.

This does seem to be a source of confusion-even to me!Anyway-in the patch file there is a .cab file called "deb". If that is in your gauge folder already then (included in "the patch"-for some reason this doesn't appear in the file listing as a needed file on the avsim file library).http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=15804If you are sure you have this newer cab file then the problem would be somehow in your panel.cfg. Probably the easiest way to fix would be to open the panel.cfg from the b33/panel folder in note pad and under window 00-change any reference to hsi to read:gauge42=deb!Horizontal Situation Indicator, 336,796,130,123andvcockpit03:gauge21=deb!Horizontal Situation Indicator, 314,227,161,114I suspect if you have the new vc download from James the panel .cfg is however correct which can be verified by seeing if the above references exist in it-you probably just need to download "the patch" and manually place the deb.cab into your gauge folder and replace the other "older" one-I have a feeling this easier process will do the trick.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif