Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve_Park

B727

hello ...to all those who adore the 727 ..i am looking for a good b 727 for fs2002,i mean flight dynamics wise,accurate fuel flow,drag ,lift etc etc,i dont mind using the FDE to tweak in some improvements though if someone can suggest a near realistic model of the plane .i am also looking for the panel file by richard p. ,with the following name rp727pn3-1 thanx in anticipationkunal

Well, there are only three to choose from, really. My personal favorite still is Kevin Trinkle's old FS2000 727. It's an FSDS model, but it's available both in the -200 and -100 version in just about every imaginable livery. There is one with an updated FDE for FS2002. Just search for an American Airlines 727 by Kevin Trinkle, repainted by David Randolph for FS2002. I believe it actually comes with the updated Richard Probst panel as a package. It supposedly has very accurate flight dynamics. The only problem with this model is that due to some FS2002 related issues with FSDS, some night textures on the tail don't display properly. To me that's negligible. Then there are two recent GMAX models. I haven't tried the flight dynamics myself, because my computer is currently out of comission for another week. One is by Mike Stone, the other by RealFlight (available from their website--sorry, I don't have the link here right now). Mike Stone's model is more detailed than the Real Flight model, but seems a bit less visually accurate than either of the Real Flight or Kevin Trinkle models. Cheers.Misha

Guest Steve_Park

Hear is the link to Real Flight's GMAX Varig 727-200F...they say more liveries to come: http://www.fs2000.org/fs2000news/news.asp?id=370Also Capt. Sim is working on a payware 727-200, but from the looks of that forum and web site, he has a lot of other irons in the fire, so I look for the Dream Fleet first.Steve ParkKSDFwww.flightbase2000.com

Personally, I prefer Mike Stone's 727. It works well as traffic and there are a ton of repaints out for it.

Guest PhilipManwaring

Mike's 727 is very nice, and when paired with the Probst panel and Charles Fox's flight dynamics, it's an outstanding package. Charles spent ages on the FDE and it really shows and Richard took all his panel shots from a real 727 panel and had access to a full motion sim.

hello allthnx very much for all the opinions and pointers.i will be downloading all that stuff tomorrow.misha - well i am replyin late as even my box got bogged down for some wierd reason. yes i can live with some minor discrepancies in the external model ,even i dont care.i have just gone on to fs2k2 ,i had a great fs2k 727,million apologies to the fellow who designed it because i dont know who.it is in the colors of lufthansa cargo india (hinduja cargo services)with whom i flew 72s,200 srs with -15 engines .but the airfile needed a lot of work. plane was too powerful ,while the drag too much ,so much that in idle descent one needed in excess of 4000 fpm to maintain 300 knots,then the flaps and gear and speedbrakes had a lot of drag as opposed to the real thing.i fixed a lot of it.but where i was still not able to tweak in was the fuel flow.the model just sniffed fuel..u could literally fly on forever with 50000 pounds of fuel.the fs2k FDE was not good enuff to incr the eng fuel flow, and the abacus FDE ,which is a grt progr ,does not have the specs to incr fuel flow.the fs2k2 FDE has an engine efficiency no. which i think increases fuel flow .have u done any work with that and what was the result??personally ,i will use the same texture files(of my ex-airline,have to be faithful to that)as the original 727 i have ,but i def need to change the airfile as the plane in the fs2k2 enviornment does not behave the way it did in fs2k.neither the lift and drag characteristics ,and one big prob i had is dutch rolling !!! not divergent but the plane just does not stop whether i am 170 knots or 320 knots ,once it starts ,even the a/p with heading ,or yaw damper and wing lvler on does not damp it out!!if u have what u think is good airfile,even one which u have modified, wud u mail it me ,i will paste it on and try ,maybe it is just what i am looking for .then maybe twist a little here and there to make it beahve as a realistic as possible..if i do change it ,i will send u the modified file.one more thing - wats a G max model - dunno this stuff.thnx tabs,steve,railrunner,phillip for the links.may the 72 live foreverbi bi kunal

Guest Steve_Park

Hello Kunal, To try and answer you last question and I am by no means an aircraft designer/painter/builder, etc. but GMAX is a program that allows you to build 3-D models with "Alpha" layers that preforms much better in the FS2002 graphic's engine....higher FPS's. It was orginally designed to build levels for first person shooters I believe and the program is included with FS2002 Professional Edition. The advantages are you get some great effects, like real metal looks and reflectivity (you can actually see the taxi strips on the ground in the reflections along the bottom of your aircraft as you taxi).SteveKSDFwww.flightbase2000.com