Sign in to follow this  

Long Beach Scenery - Beautiful Add-on (Must Have)

Fellow Simmers:If you have not done so already, install the Long Beach scenery add-on and enjoy one of the best "freeware" add-ons I have yet to experience. The most amazing charateristic I've seen thus far is the high quality textures and hardly no framerate hit on your system.The only noticeable flaw I have encountered, and maybe it is just my system, is about 5 miles away from the runway, I get a huge 10-sec stutter delay, then everything runs fine after that. I experience the same delay when approaching Long Beach for landing. It must be loading the textures from Long Beach at a certain distance out upon approach, and unloading textures when departing. I own several SimFlyers scenery packages, and I don't get that long of a delay ever. On the ground framerates are much higher than those I experienced in the SimFlyers environments.If there is a way to minimize or eliminate the stutter, I would be most grateful for any feedback you can provide. If this was scenery was made with GMAX, I guess I better break down and buy the Hawaii scenery package because this Long Beach scenery rocks!!!Keith

Guest C17SimGuy

Which one are you talking about? Do you have a file name or link? Is it the one from Shez Ansari?-drew

Well, that's the only one I know of...but more specifics would be nice, Keith.

Sorry Folks! The Long Beach add-on for FS2002 includes these two files:lb2002.ziplgbstatics.zipYou are correct, this scenery was developed by Ansari. I believe you will be impressed with the detail and quality of this add-on. I check again on the major stutter I mentioned on my original post. It only occurs shortly after takeoff on runway 30. You'll see another airport directly in front of you when you get to about 1000 feet. the stutter happens about midway between Long Beach and that airport. If the same stutter happens to you, please let me know. If you head north and do a 360 turn to land on runway 120 at Long Beach, the stutter DOES NOT happen upon the approach. I have added some of the California landclass scenery to the scenery library. It could be possible that it is causing the stutter, and not the LB add-on.Your thoughts?Keith

I think someone pointed out that this is to do maybe with the fencing around the airport. Try and remove the fence bgl. I replied to you but the mail was returned.RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Shez, (or do uou prefer Sherhyar?)My problem with your otherwise excellent SO-Cal sceneries is that the textures take forever to load on my P4 1700, 256 RAMBus, NVidia GF2 MX 32mb machine. That wouldn't be a problem, however, if FS didn't randomly decide to flush the texture cache about every 5 minutes! I tried removing the static aircraft, and that helped lessen the swapping, but things are still pretty bad, especially on approach, when the add-on scenery pops-up over the default. I normally get a 15 second pause while the textures load. Something about the AASi building makes those textures take an expecially long time in loading.Thanks for reading my long post! :-lol I really do like your SNA and LGB sceneries, though. They make L.A. and Orange airports look more like the L.A. and Orange airposrts I was born near, raised near, and still live near.

I too love both of them! (work for Boeing C-17 at KLGB, and drive past KSNA every day since I live in Mission Viejo)I do have a problem with each of them though (and no other sceneries, and I have a LOT!) Whenever I hit "S" to look outside the plane, I get the "Crash" message. EVERYTIME! Even when far off on the runway or in the air by them. Real wierd and bugs me to no end since these are my default airports. Any ideas?Also, If your interested, I can get you some pictures sometime so the C-17 Facilities can be a bit more accurate. I'm also working on improving the ramps with Cargo and GA parking as they are in real life. (KLGB)Any chance you'll update then using GMAX? It really improves FPS greatly!And thank you, they are both great....love to see you do say Chino, Corona, Riverside, Flabob, Fullerton, Burbank, Big Bear, etc... He He...Thanks!

Strange that. I have some pauses but no where near that long! Of course I assume you have the exclude switch set up?My AMD1900 does not do the texture flushing as often. Is that a setting in FS? I have a 100MB cache for sceneries if that helps.RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

There is a crash fix available here for the general crashing at AVSIM and at www.flightsim.com. Try that. Secondly I do not know why but the FSDS buildings have a bug whereby if you try and view a/c from inside the building there is a resultant crash.Shez

Shez Ansari

I only see FS2000 Crash fixes for KLGB, are you talking about those or something else? File name?Thanks!

Yes sorry that was for FS2000 not FS2002.Shez

Shez Ansari

ShaezAI took your advice and removed the fence "bgl" file. Same problem still exists. This time around I immediately turned to a heading of 270 upon takeoff, and after about 30 seconds there was about a 15 sec stutter stoppage. It appears that it is now time-of-flight related as opposed to actual position within the scenery.I do have the california land class scenery loaded as well, and that is the only thing I believe might be causing this big delay. I guess the next test would be to remove the land class scenery and try the Long Beach add-on with the standard FS2K2 scenery install.We shall see!Keith