Sign in to follow this  

should i buy PSS 747 and 777

Guest gooper

Hi there i just want some input as to whether the above two products are worth purchasing now that they are both being offered together. I have PIC 767 and i just wabt to know how the PSS products compare. also are the models GMAX? appreciate all opinions

Guest Toni Rauch

In my opinion, you definately should buy the two products.Although slightly dated by today's fast-moving standards, these are truly excellent renditions of the two Boeings, particularly if you enjoy fully detailed panels and associated avionics systems. And they're very 'flyable'.They're terrific as individual packages - bundled together, they'll make excellent value.Enjoy them!Toni.(PS - No, I do not work for Phoenix! :-) )

Guest gooper

on another topic can I merge the panels, flight dynamics with the POSKY visual models??

Guest PhilipManwaring

Ditto - The panels and models are both nice and the price is right on for what you get. The documentation is also extensive and does a great job of covering the subject aircraft and their avionics. The models are not GMAX, but look really good IMO.

Just to add to the other posts, yep buy 'em :-) Just be aware that they are not quite as complex as the 767PIC on the systems side of things and that they were designed for FS2k but, IMHO, well patched for FS2k2.One of them (can't remember which, may be both) is a bit of pain to program the FMC in that each w'pt has to be inserted, you cannot enter one w'pt then the airway and then the terminating w'pt.It is a while since I flew either the 747 or 777 but I still love them both in FS2k2 and I will have to roll out the 747 soon to do leg 3 of Johan's World cruise :-)

Where are they packaged together?On the PSS site I can only find them separately as always.This sounds like a great deal.

Guest gooper

you can get the package from PC aviator order online

Even though they are a little dated I would still recommend the paks.Shame they couldn't put a little time into some gmax aircraft to go with their excellent panels. :-(SteveCYYZ

Er Steve,I don't think 'a little time' is quite accurate ;) , unless of course you want to prove me wrong :-) I'm sure you visit the PSS forum and know how busy they are with new aircraft.Having said that it would be nice if they did the 747 & 777 for FS2004, as well as a quality A340 which does not seem to be available from any 'payware' source now. :-(Rgds

Being a 777 fan for quite some time, I've been flying the PSS 777 panel since it was first introduced. Both the 747 and 777 panels offered by PSS are quite simply the best panels out there today for those aircraft. Go for it!Jeff

The models are quite dated by today's standards and the panels not as complex as the PIC, but for the money, they're worth having, especially since they can be easily merged with freeware aircraft and the simple fact that they're still the most detailed/functional panels for those two heavies. I've mothballed my heavy fleet in anticipation for Melvin's GMAX 747 & 777 birds, but they'll come flying out of my hangars as soon as they're out :)

Please, I have the same Gooper question: can I merge the panels (PSS 777 and 747) with POSKY models ? Thats important for me since 80% my flights are made with this excelent airplanes.....thanks