Sign in to follow this  

OK! Time to build a new system for FS2002(4)

Oh God what is these people talking about???????... 4 fans -Water cooling? Are you guys talking about cars? Just Kidding!I just went to Best Buy and bought a crappy compaq 1.3Ghtz (all included) even Windows Me!!!! just one year ago!!It costed me over $2500!! and now I feel that I have an antique!!!!Where can I read about building my own System, I am completely new to this, But I would like to learn, at least the basics.the only thing that I DO know is buying and installing a couple of memory sticks 256 DDR RAM each, which I did a couple of weeks ago. now I am going to buy XP and KILL windows ME from my "antique" forever!!How much would cost to build a state-of-the-art system like that?Sorry to bother with such dumb questions, I would be happy only with a link to follow as reply.ThanksGabriel Ruiz

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, the new P4 MoBos support RAMBUS since it still beats the pants off of DDR memory. Also, I am sure your HD's are EIDE ATA 100 so you shouldn't have a problem but there is ATA 133 now which is faster. As long as they are 7200RPM HD's you should be okay.

Rambus is generally faster than DDR but with good DDR memory, motherboard and correct settings in bios DDR is really close to default Rambus speeds.For instance I run Corsair 3200C2 @ 214 FSB, that is DDR428 and close to Rambus 1066 speed.Intel is sampling Springdale chipsets with dual channel DDR support, which are going to double memory bandwidth. First motherboards with Springdale are coming in Q1 2003.Also Intel has officially dropped support for Rambus, so no new Intel chipsets are going to support Rambus memory. That doesn