Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Wilco Airport 2002 V.1

like anybody else i am driving around Electronic Boutiques, looking for Airport 2002, since i heard rumours that it should be coming out soon.today i just got back from work, so i said let me swing by the boutique, and see if i can find it. of course i did not but i asked the guy at the store, and he checked in the computer and told me it's out we just don't have it. so i immediatly asked him to call around at different stores, so he did and did not get an aswer on the telephone. so i picked my car and drove about 20 miles to a different store, and there where he broke my heart, and told me it's in the computer but it won't be out until Octobre 30th well that's my day and that's your release date in the US.

I will be holding off until I see some review (positive, or negative) from the simmers in the forum. Like many I jumped and quickly purchased A2k_v3 and we were all disappointed with the performance, not to mention the lack of customer service Wilco offered us (to me customer service is a top priority it can make or break future purchases). After 23 emails to Wilco I finally got the standard reply from them and to this day they never addressed any of the problems with A2k_v3. So it is going to take allot for me to actually break down and purchase this airport set from them. The only airport I would purchase it for anyway is Chicago O'Hare (but going by the photos nothing seems to have changed from the looks I was hoping that they would actually update T-1 @ ORD seeing that they had it totally wrong in v_2) not to mention I am a bit disappointed that they choose to included airports already available for FS2002. But like I said I will hold off until I here the comments from the community before my money is spent on another Wilco product.Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

I have to agree with you there. After the severe disappointment of A2k3, I don't trust Wilco's products one bit. I'll wait for unofficial reviews from others first, I don't trust official reviews either :) I'd also only buy it for KORD, Simflyers have done a very good job of covering the other U.S. airports and their airports don't beat my CPU into submission.

I agree with you guys that they really have not spend a lot of time thinking about which airports would really be a new contribution to the FS world. CHicago does need an update, and - although I guess to you guys in the US who have written the previous messages this may not be as relevant as for me here in France ;) - I am eagerly awaiting their Paris CDG!! Only thing I am wondering: why didn't they re-do airports they had on earlier versions, which need an update and which don't seem to exist from other developers? I am thinking about places like New York JFK, Boston, Brussels... But clearly, noone needs another LAX or DFW or Munich.We should create a pressure group, shouldn't we? SOmething like a committee voting on which airports they should do, rather than make us pay for 6 airports noone wants which we have to buy anyway just to get the ones we do nactually want.Chris

Guest MightyMatt76

Dear John,As you might have read, we, FS Magazine, will be displaying the final beta of Airports 2002 volume 1 this weekend in Amsterdam. I had a preview last friday at the Wilco office and must say that the texturing is incredible. I only saw EDDM mind you and can therefore not comment on KORD. The package comes complete with a 737-400 with interactive 3d virtual cockpit too, so I guess that in all fairness you will get your moneys worth out of this software. I will ask Wilco if we can post some exclusive screenshots of Airport 2002 volume 1 on our website www.fsmagazine.nl some time this weekend. I will keep everyone here notified on the screenshots forum (I see you there often anyway), but I can tell you that in overall the package is a boost on reality. The FS NAT story is a big one, but very interactive and versatile, a lot can be done with this, and seeing that your flights all start from KORD, or most of them and you often fly in the B734 this could be a great package for you as you can script everything to meet with you 737 at the gate. Fueltruck, catering guys, the bridge, bagage cars etc. everything is possible. I am sorry to hear about the lack of customer service, I guess some people have a hard time balancing their priorities, I hope they will do better this time round.(How is that for a "Dear John" letter?)Flyin' High,Matthew NiederbergerEditor in Chief FS Magazine (NL/:(www.fsmagazine.nl

Chris,I don't know about the other airports, but at least for EBBR Brussels there is a freeware scenery available which is actually a lot better than Wilco's version in Airport 2000 part 1. It's from Robert Buysen. I don't have the URL of his own website here, but you can also get it from this address: http://www.fsbelgium.com/asp/download/downloadid.asp?id=64Paul

MattYou can post screenshots till the cows come home but like most of the folks here I`ve been burned on these sceneries as well and am very skeptical as ar as future releases are concerned.All I want now is to have Simflyer`s release their ORD/JFK (in the near furture I hope) as I can really trust these folks as they have proven themselves time and again to produce quality scenery and support it 100%.Wilco on the other hand has a very poor track record of quality products and nonexistent support.My Two CentsRon Rees

Guest MightyMatt76

The biggest problem with customer support, or the lack there of, mostly has to do with their poor langauge skills. True, I agree, that is no excuse for people putting software on the international market, but it is fact and a hard one indeed. I agree, the SimFly gang have produced top nothc sceneries time and time again and their customer support is 100% if not more. Wilco als runs under the name SimWare www.simw.com so they have a lot things on their mind than just producing titles. Again no xcuse but just some things which could explain the run of things there. I unfortunately do not see a bright future at the moment for Wilco. They will make big profits on Airport 2002 Volume 1 and A320 PIC (which I have also seen in demo) but if they are smart they should stop there, sell the FS NAT code and keep to selling goods through the internet. One thing that I can promiss you, FSNAT and the interactive virtual cockpit will change the FS history, just like it will do in CFS3 where there will be no 2d cockpits anymore. the NaturalPoint's TrackIR will be a great help for this new "revolution" and it will only progress from that point onwards. Do not under esitmate the quality of Airport 2002 vol 1 yet, it has a lot of potential especially with user files later on in the game! Those were my 2 cents again, totalling $0.04Flyin' High,Matthew NiederbergerEditor in Chief FS Magazine (NL/:( www.fsmagazine.nl

DIIIITTTTOOOOO To that!I never experience such a bad rash of customer service and unprofessionalism as I did with the folks at Wilco and the Airport series program. They better redeem themselves with this one if they want anyone to buy thir stuff.My 2 cents.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav205_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Matthew, you got to be kidding me right?First I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO YOU, but I think you have this one wrong.

Guest SIX

Here is the deal with me...I have every single SimFlyer Assoc scenery to date. Quite frankly, I am impressed...to a certian extent...with their scenery. However, I don't know why they chose to do certian small airports like PHL and Belarise, but the only thing I could figure out was they were doing two things: 1. Testing their abilities with smaller jobs 2. Testing the response with smaller sceneries without having a lot invested such as money and time.The question remains in my mind: is a Wilco scenery that is CURRENTLY available like KATL any better or worse than SimFleyrs? Or are all scenery designers for add-on scenery making about the same quality of scenery as SimFleyers. Quite frankly, you can't beat the support that Wolfgang and the boys provide over at Simflyers; heck, I have emailed a question and literally 30 minutes later got an answer. However, I like quality too. So, you tell me guys, are SimFlyer sceneries really tops or do Wilco and the rest top SimFlyers? I have never loaded anything but SimFlyers, so I don't know as of yet.I really want EGLL, KORD and Paris.Thanks-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

HiJust to jump back on the stump for a moment.PHL was Simflyer`s first release and the first to my knowledge of recreating this airport for FS to a professional degree.This is my home Field and was so impressed with the fidelity of it that not only did I buy it I called the airport manager (airside) to inquire as to runway lighting for a new cummuter runway that had just been completed.I passed this on to Wolfgang and it was incorporated into the scenery at once.To this day despite their popularity they have displayed the same dedication towards the users that was displayed then and that`s not to mention the fact that they provided free upgrades to FS2002 and the bonus program in compensation for the Boxed edition.In my opinion Simflyer`s is a shining beacon that all FS developer`s should aspire to be as far as Customer loyalty and support after the sale is concerned,.I don`t heap praise lightly as I have been had or ignored by many FS developer`s in the past but Simflyer`s reigns supreme in my book and am a loyal customer and will buy anything they publish.Thanks a Bunch Simflyer`s Ron

I think the simflyers scenery is way better then wilcos! plus wilco's support is really bad ! and it shows, since they wont update and fix the othere airport's they have, but lucky we have great support from lago Simflyers and otheres. but lets face it if you dont have good customer support and a good product. your going down! so i dont think am going to get it, for what so i can have the same airports, from the past airport series! the only thing maybe good out of is the fsnat,:-fume :-hang will see when it comes out but my question is why support a company like that ?? who dont care about us ??

I haven't seen Airport 2K2 yet, but definitely SimFlyers beats the Airport 2000 series, no doubt. As a matter of fact, both have the same downside: eating framerates!By the way, if you want London, take the "London Aiport" series, they are EXCELLENT! I am quite a stickler for realistic airports (as I happen to jet around the globe as a passenger quite a bit myself, so I know what the places look like), but that London scenery is really tops.But again, what really goes on my nerves with the WIlco guys: they used to be great at picking airports that noone else had done in a respectable quality. Just consider VOl. 3: where else could you find a halfway decent KSFO, KDEN, KSEA, EKCH. Or in volume 2: I still love using their LFMN, which no one else has done. If they went back to their old 2000 series and looked around which airports are done by noone else, they would quickly discover that Paris is a good choice, but so would be New York JFK and Boston. I know I keep nagging about KJFK in this forum...;) - but truly there is no JFK out there. So why do they bother us with yet another KATL, EDDM, KLAX, EGLL... Aren't they looking around what other people are doing???Chris